KPMG Job Vacancy : Investment Brokerage Expert
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: KPMG
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) Africa is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experts within the KPMG Africa team in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across Sub-Saharan Africa.
KPMG IDAS Africa coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our country and programme experience in Africa is extensive and we pride ourselves as a leading service provider to development initiatives and delivering impact and results using innovative solutions. Our diverse team includes people of different professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success.
The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF)
The Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF) is a private sector focused programme that provides concessional finance to companies operating in the agribusiness and renewable energy supply chains.
The AECF has been operating since 2009 and now has a portfolio of close to 200 business to which it has provided financing. Connect is a business unit that supports the AECF portfolio through the provision of fundraising services. Its purpose is to help portfolio companies of the AECF to raise capital when they need it, from the most appropriate partner and on the best available terms. These services are currently provided to the AECF portfolio free of charge as a European government donor is funding the operating costs of Connect. The vision is for AECF Connect over time to broaden its sources of revenue.
The purpose of the AECF is to support early stage projects that have the potential to be commercially successful whilst at the same time have a high social impact on low income rural households. The AECF’s remit is across sub-saharan Africa and it is managed by KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) unit.
The Investment Brokerage Expert will be engaged as an Independent Consultant with a contract running until April 2017 with a possibility for extension.
Key roles and responsibilities
General scope of the role
The Investment Brokerage Expert will lead the renewable energy and agribusiness fundraising team. This role will be 90% focused on origination and delivery of fundraising projects and 10% focused on the management of the team. The candidate will take responsibility for ensuring each AECF Connect team meets its fundraising and impact targets over the life of the programme and operates within its budget.
Specifically, the candidate will be involved in:
- Responsible for planning, resource allocation, professional development, and reporting the team’s performance.
- Provision of leadership to establish a high performing business unit within KPMG
- Keeping up to date with the operational environment and continuously seeking ways to improve and expand upon Connect services.
- Key player in generating new partnerships
- Responsible for building relationships with the companies which already have relationships with the AECF, selecting which to work with and selling the benefit of Connect’s services to time starved entrepreneurs.
- The most significant aspect of the role – Responsible for helping companies manage the fundraising process either from beginning to end or providing specific advice during the process. This could include a wide range of tasks including reviewing and finalizing investor marketing materials, identifying the most applicable investors and approaching them on behalf of the company, helping companies cope with due diligence processes, negotiating the proposed investment terms, project management and managing a competitive fundraising process through to close
- Cultivate strong relationships with the range of investors in the market so as to be able to serve our portfolio companies.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the investors so as to better partner them with the right companies within our portfolio.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with investors and ensure team members to do the same.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the reporting obligations internally and externally are adhered to by the entire team
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university;
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in most or all of the following:
- The financial services industry specifically corporate finance, transaction services, or investment management;
- A fast moving and entrepreneurial environment;
- Africa with a preference for East Africa;
- Agribusiness or clean energy in a financial, commercial or fundraising role;
- Impact investment as an investment executive; and
- Team leadership.
Skills and attributes
- Very strong communication skills both oral and written;
- Very strong financial literacy including financial modelling and interpreting financing statements;
- A professional and mature interpersonal style that engenders trust and confidence;
- Highest professional standards regarding the substance and presentation of client facing work.
- A fantastic opportunity to work on exciting development programmes across Africa (www.kpmg.com/das). Connect is an expanding business unit within KPMG IDAS, with a high quality and engaging team. IDAS is a pan-African business unit within KPMG and comprises close to150 professionals who are leaders in their field;
- An excellent opportunity for someone looking to use their knowledge of investors and the fundraising processes within a programme that provides a pre-defined pool of businesses wanting hands on support. The narrow focus of the portfolio means that all team members build an excellent understanding of the African investor community focused on agribusiness and clean energy, not just how to get transactions closed but also the key risks, typical deal structures and opportunities for value creation as seen by investors;
- An opportunity to work closely with entrepreneurs looking to scale their businesses and where the availability of capital is a key constraint. Connect makes a real difference to these businesses and its team members get the resulting satisfaction and gratitude;
- Continuous learning and development;
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams;
- International travel; and
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.