Finance & Admin Manager Job At Virtual HR In Kenya
Our client, is a leading ICT Solutions provider in East Africa region. They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Finance & Administration Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will responsible for designing & implementing the key financial policies, procedures and systems required to help the company manage its financial operations. In addition, the successful candidate will be tasked with formalizing the company’s administration systems, managing high-value projects in the areas of Human Resources & IT.
Finance & Admin Manager Job Responsibilities
- Ensure sound financial management for the company in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and Kenyan statutory requirements; manage monthly financial reporting, bank reconciliation, cash flow analysis and management
- Prepare the Annual operating office budget.
- Work closely with the External auditors to facilitate annual audits
- Prepare and submit tax returns and ensure other statutory deductions are paid on time
- Develop and maintain Human Resources files for company employees and ensure that all files contain valid employee contracts, CV’s, job descriptions, performance plans etc.
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted on time each month.
- Set up employees benefits for the company staff including pension, medical insurance, severance package and any other packages
- Assist in the recruitment process for staff and liaise with recruitment firms
- Manage facilities, vehicles and logistics and address any maintenance and repair issues within the facilities.
- Collaborate with department heads as appropriate for monitoring administrative matters
- Manage the procurement process in compliance with policy and requirements; maintain updated vendor lists and vendor performance files
- Manage the company stocks in terms of re-ordering, safe custody and planning future orders in line with business needs.
- Manage the procurement team for local and foreign purchases, facilitate lines of credit with the bank and manage the same, deal with clearing agents.
- Ensure that all property/equipment is registered including equipment descriptions, specifications, serial and model numbers, Purchase Order Number etc.
- Supervise and ensure the consistency of procurement records management; create and comply with standard records file list for all procurement activities – Purchase Order Forms, Request for Quotes/ supplier selection and approvals, receipt of goods and services (GRN forms)
- Supervise quarterly inventories to reconcile database entries with physical counts of property within the office and document and track property movements
Qualifications For Finance & Admin Manager Job
- Degree in Finance or related course
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Strategic Management is added advantage
- CPA (K)
- Over 5 years in a comparable role (preferably in the IT Industry)
- Experience in a retail environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Data Analysis and with Quickbooks or Hansaworld ERP.
- Familiarity with Kenyan regulations and practices especially in finance & human resources