Project Assistant Job at The African Agricultural Technology Foundation, Kenya
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Background: AATF wishes to recruit a Project Assistant in the Projects Deployment Unit. This position will report to the Senior Manager – Deployment.
Project Assistant Job Key responsibilities:
- Support project operations, administrative duties, including office and field work, and monitoring activities to ensure timely delivery of milestones.
- Assist in prioritizing project activities in the annual work plan
- Assist in formulation and implementation of detailed project work plans, including clearly defined milestones and timelines.
- Facilitate collection and analysis of project information and data as per the assigned work plan as well as generating quality project reports
- Prepare and submit quality technical reports when required, clearly detailing the project status in appropriate format.
- Assist with preparation of manuscripts for publications, power point presentations and undertake literature search for articles and presentations
- Provide logistical support essential for scheduling and conduct of project meetings
Qualifications for Project Assistant Job
- Suitable candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or related sciences from a recognized university. Holders of a Master’s degree in Agricultural or related sciences will have added advantage.
- Two years’ experience in implementation of projects in the agricultural sector, experience in field work, data collection, analysis and report writing is essential.
- The candidate must be highly proficient in the use of computer and relevant softwares used in research and development.
- She/he should have great capacity to learn and capable of working under pressure.