Living Goods Job Vacancy : Chief Operations Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Living Goods
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We believe community health is critical to deliver universal health coverage and that community health workers are essential because they bring health services to people’s doorsteps.
We also help governments transform community health through mobile phones. Using the disruptive power of mobile technology, we’ve equipped and deployed 7,500 community health workers across Africa. These community health workers treat common illnesses like pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria focusing on children and mothers. They also provide primary healthcare to 6 million people at a fraction of the cost of doctors and nurses. And they’ve reduced child mortality by 27 percent.
The secret to our success is a winning team. One that enables people to bring their ideas and creativity to work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, meet challenges with determination and a have a sense of humor, come work for Living Goods!
Living Goods is growing! We’ve grown 30 percent every year for the past 5 years. We now have a staff of 400 and 8,200 community health workers spread across four countries. Our budget is $20 million this year and we will double that in 2019, thanks to a recent $35 million challenge grant from the TEDx Audacious Ideas project.
We’re growing because we have a winning model and mission: to ensure that every family has high quality health care in their community. No matter how dense the neighbourhood or how remote the village.
Our growth is anchored in three S’s: scaling, strengthening and spreading. To scale we aim to increase the number of people served within our two operational countries, Kenya and Uganda, and to launch operations in three new countries by 2021. To strengthen, we will broaden and deepen our impact with new programs and products and make big leaps in our operating effectiveness. Finally, we will spread our impact in current and new countries by influencing community health policy.
Organizational growth can be dizzying for the faint-hearted but exciting for thrill seekers. To manage both growth and our thrill seekers, we know we need the steady hand of a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Lead strategy. We want you to develop work plans and timelines for our growth. To lead strategic discussions about our organizational culture, finances, supply chain and business development. To help us think big but ensure that we get the details right.
- Direct operations. You will develop the systems that comprise operations excellence. In particular, you’ll ensure that we have the right field operations procedures (SOPS) and systems for our facilities, people, IT, and supply chain management.
- New country expansion. You will develop the plans and marshal the resources to bring us into new countries. You will lead discussions on where we should go next and broker deals with government to make it happen.
- Deliver results. Just like we measure product sales and community health worker performance, we need you to measure our operational success. To define what it means to excel as a country director, a partner with government ministries of health, a supply chain manager and to help your team learn, grow, and thrive.
- Manage country operations.** You will guide and oversee Living Goods country operations, ensuring that each country has a strategy, policies and procedures, and the people necessary to succeed. You will ensure that operational processes are measured for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead from within. We need you to help to hire, onboard and retain Living Goods top talent. We also look to offer global guidance on pivotal issues like where to expand, when to contract, where to invest in the organization, and key leaders to nurture. Finally, we need you to represent the CEO externally and to lead the organization in the CEO’s absence.
- Operations expertise. You have 15+ years’ management operations in a global company. You know what excellence looks like in areas like human resources, finance & accounting, supply chain, facilities, IT, contracts & grants
- Thought leader. You have influenced top leaders or board members of a company or organization. others look to you for insight and your opinion. You have cutting edge ideas, spot trends, and propose ideas to address challenges.
- Track record leading growth. You have successfully managed growth in an African company or NGO. in a growing company or NGO in Africa – one that is expanding in size (people, $) and geography (new countries, counties).
- Love for Africa. You have lived and worked in East Africa. You love lions, coffee, mobile money, and other gifts that Africa has given the world.
- Ability to execute. You have great ideas and the ability to implement them. You can translate a vision into a plan so that we understand where we’re headed and what we need to do to get there.
- Country management experience. You’ve led country or field operations for an NGO or for-profit company. You can coach country directors on challenges and solutions associated with start-up and country management because you’ve walked a mile in their moccasins.
- Thrive under pressure. This role isn’t for the meek. We want excitement, not reluctance when a big decision needs to be made or you’re asked to speak in front of a hundred people.
- Gets our model. Living Goods is a hybrid model. We’re a nonprofit organization with a business minded approach. We use business practices to achieve social goals. Candidates with for-profit and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.