Load Controller.Passenger Ramp Services at Kenya Airways
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kenya Airways
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
To perform all the weight and balance functions for Kenya Airways flights and customer airlines with the prime responsibility of ensuring SAFETY of the passengers, crew and the aircraft. Ensure OPTIMUM utilization of cabin and belly space and On-time departure of the flight.
Weight and balance is one of the most important factors affecting safety and economy of a flight. An overweight aircraft or one whose center of gravity is outside the allowable limits is inefficient and dangerous to fly.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- Collecting and interpreting provisional data concerning the aircraft loading process. Operational weights, Aircraft operating limitations, Airline equipment such as AOG/EIC/MEL, Predicted passenger data and distribution, Predicted baggage data/sorting requirements, Cargo and mail, Information about dangerous goods/special loads and required handling such as segregation and ideal loading requirements. Order required number of baggage containers for ULD aircraft.
- Prepare and communicate to loading personnel a Loading instruction report Form (LIRF)/offloading instruction report (OIR) that is in line with aircraft loading processes on a shift basis to ensure optimized utilization of aircraft space and performance and an expeditious cargo and baggage handling for customer satisfaction. Achieve a center of gravity within limits of the specific aircraft and aft of the aircraft to achieve optimal fuel saving ensuring that all balance limits, volume and weight are adhered to.
- Calculate accurately EZFW that is within the limits required by the company so as to minimize unnecessary fuel uplift within the Nairobi Hub departure and CLC stations and provide the same to Flight dispatchers in a timely manner.
- Report to the shift leader Weight & Balance daily performance details in a timely manner to enable cost effective actions and safe flight operations.
- Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Function as central communication hub between Cargo department, flight dispatch, passenger/baggage services, flight deck crew, OCC, HCC etc.
- Monitor and advice Flight dispatchers and Flight deck crew EZFW changes so as to help ensure optimum fuel uplift especially tankering routes. Verify details contained in the NOTOC to ensure loading segregation are adhered to as prescribed in the IATA dangerous goods manual. Avail a copy of signed NOTOC to OCC for emergency purposes and advise to destination airport.
- Ensure that final checks are done before load sheet is produced. Confirm final passenger’s breakdown and baggage from the check in counter and gate after the flight has been finalized, confirm final loading information in accordance with issued LIR from loading supervisor including agreed deviations. Incorporate last minute changes to Load Sheet, if any, to ensure space, weight, structural and procedural limitation are adhered to. Only then can the load controller transmit to flight deck crew final load sheet that conform to company policy and procedures and customers’ SLAs on a shift basis.
- Ensure centralized load control (CLC) complies to the safety and economy of load planning to optimize on revenue and ensure station coordination for CLC customer airlines is done in accordance with the customer airlines procedures.
- Flight reports and messaging to various departments and destination stations-LDM/CPM/UCM/OIR/SLS/DUO. Prepare and retain in the station Weight & Balance documentation for all departing flights. Specific flight reports for various customer airlines in addition to the standard IATA documents.
- University graduate in mathematics or applied sciences/or Diploma in Hospitality with 03 years of experience in aviation.
- Initial weight and balance training and certification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Flight Operations or Airport Operations.
- Conversant with KQ’s commercial activities and processes.
- Computer literate.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Good negotiator and ability to influence.
- Ability to think on your feet.