Manager GSE Maintenance at Kenya Airways
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kenya Airways
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Accountable for the development, implementation and proactive management of the Ground Services maintenance program for all Kenya based Ground support equipment (GSE) and vehicles in accordance to relevant company regulations, Customer Airline and Manufacturer requirements.
Policies And Procedures
Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies, processes, procedures, organization standards and local procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Safety, Quality & Environment
Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, healthy, secure and cost-effective operations for Kenya Airways and ensure compliance with the relevant industry/legislative requirements and company procedures.
Perform risk assessments and maintain a risk register for GSE Maintenance workshops.
Conduct a monthly review of the risk control environment and submit the Risk Control Matrix (RCM)
Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Ensure the provision of cost-effective maintenance services of all ground handling equipment and motor vehicles in NBO and MBA.
- Ensure the provision of maintenance services to the standards required by ground handling operations to ensure safe, serviceability and availability of equipment to end users.
- Control inventory in liaison with the relevant department with the aim of optimizing their related costs.
- Constantly review, monitor and adopt reasonable measures to improve quality, safety and minimize risks and hazards within GSE workshops.
- Lead, motivate and create a conducive work environment that cultivates change and openness within the team; whilst fostering excellent Teamwork, Commitment, Reliability and Accountability
- Coach and support the GSE team to ensure effective delivery of quality service and to drive a continuous maintenance improvement program.
- Manage GSE unit budget and operating costs, enhancing and protecting revenue without compromising internal customer satisfaction, safety and security.
- Establish effective communication channels with all internal customers, external suppliers and key stakeholders to determine needs and respond to queries.
- Develop, analyze, manage and track the GSE corrective measures plan for failures identified.
- Ensure that all the required, current operations manuals, publications and any other related documents needed to conduct GSE maintenance operations are available and that all GSE staff have:
- Received and acknowledged
- Comprehensively understood the content
- Implemented the standards as recommended/documented
- Examples of these manuals include: Current versions of applicable KQ operational manuals, manufacturer publications, current JKIA emergency response plan (AEP) and any other related documents.
- Identify deviations in the published GSE procedures and establish local procedures and document them in the Local Station Manual (LSM) whilst ensuring conformity and currency with all regulatory requirements, organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence of all KQ and manufacturers’ documented standards by all GSE staff, and all other service providers.
- Provide for an effective and efficient organizational structure capable of consistently delivering GSE services.
- Ensure suitably qualified / competent staff at all levels with appropriate skills are recruited/retained/developed.
- Routinely monitor safety and quality critical activities within GSE and propose corrective measures to address any deficiencies.
- Follow-up and ensure timely closure (as per stipulated timeline) of all non-compliance reported from evaluations or audit process.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of the JKIA Local Emergency Accident Procedures (LEAP)
- Oversee KQ WAY principles and best practices implementation within GSE.
- Engineering Degree, BSc/B.Tech Mechanical/Electrical or related discipline with 5 years minimum experience5 years maintenance management experience
- Technically qualified mechanical or related engineering discipline
- Systematic approach processes/procedures
- Spare parts and inventory management skills
- Safety Management System (SMS) Awareness
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Airside Safety Awareness
- Operational Risk Management training (ORM)
- Financial Management / Cost Control Training
- Management skills training
- Enterprise asset management
- Fleet management
- Maintenance Programs training – Planning and Implementation
- JKIA Local Emergency Procedures Awareness
- Experience in planning/ controlling human and material resources.
- Experience in planning & managing maintenance service delivery in an automobile plant environment.
- Experience in planning/ controlling human and material resources
- Financial – awareness
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Cost – conscious
- Excellent Management and organizational skills
- Technical awareness
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to juggle multiple tasks without compromising quality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Airways career website on kenyaairways.taleo.net to apply