Manager, Risk & Quality Assurance at Geothermal Development Company
- Company: Geothermal Development Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is fully government-owned company in Kenya’s energy sector. GDC was formed in 2008 as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to accelerate the development of geothermal resources in Kenya. GDC is tasked with developing steam fields and selling geothermal steam for electricity generation to KenGen and to private investors. Geothermal steam is an environmentally friendly and abundant raw material used for generating electricity. The government and several development partners have been financing risks associated with geothermal exploration and drilling. Mission. Develop green energy for Kenya from geothermal resources Vision. To be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources Values Integrity – GDC subscribes to high ethical standards, openness and honesty. Professionalism – GDC embraces excellence, quality service, and continual improvement.
JOB GRADE GD3
JOB NO. 11. REF: GDC/HRP/RQA/01/2020
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Research and Innovation: The jobholder will be responsible for developing and implementing Risk and Quality assurance framework, strategies, and matrices to ensure operational risks and controls are managed appropriately to meet external, internal and regulatory requirements.
- Identifying priority areas for risk assessment and mitigation planning, including risk assessment process, compilation and consolidation of risk management periodic reports;
- Promote a strong operational risk management and compliance culture
- Conducting statutory risk and quality assurance audits to ensure and obtain workplace certification;
- Obtaining quality management system certification and monitor implementation to sustain compliance;
- Carrying out risk assessments in relation to risk and quality assurance at work;
- Implementing risk and quality management systems; and
- Undertaking research on emerging trends on risk and quality assurance.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in a managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master Degree in any of the following disciplines; – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Training in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Balance Score Card or any other Planning & Strategy Tool, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registration with relevant professional body and be in good standing;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Possess leadership training from a recognized institution; and
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills;
Terms of service
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
Method of Application
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our
KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor,
Popo Road, South C,
along Red Cross Road,
in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
Email: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date : 27th November, 2020