Manpower Services Job Vacancy : Chief Operations Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Manpower Services
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Ref: MN 7512
Our client is a leading Kenyan private Hospital based in Nairobi. They wish to recruit a highly qualified individual for the position of Chief Operations Officer – Satellites.
The jobholder is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating medical programs and clinical services in the hospital and satellites.
In addition maintains standards of medical care and provides leadership to ensure an appropriately skilled medical workforce.
Chief Operations Officer Job Responsibilities
- Analyze performance of each specialty as per the business plan in conjunction with finance & take remedial action.
- To review the satellite operations and respond to changes in customer demand, identification of scope for improvement & Implementation.
- Co-ordination with doctors for ensuring Clinical protocols followed at each of the centers and high quality standards of patient care are followed
- Manage and ensure coordination within medical and non-medical services to deliver on service quality standards
- Ensure implementation and adherence to SOPs in all Clinical Specialties, and monitoring Medical Audits on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that proper Standard Operative Procedures are in place for the efficient care
- Monitor Diagnostic facilities (Radiology, Laboratory) to ensure service quality levels
- Ensure all medical licenses & statutory requirements are in place
- Presenting monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to the Management.
- Reviewing and accurate reporting of profit and loss, expense budget forecasting, capital budgets, and cash flows to the Group Management.
- Ensure proper implementation of Management Information System.
- Ensure setting up of the Hospital Information System (HIMS) and also ensure the financial aspect of the centre is being integrated smoothly and successfully with other operations of the satellites
- Ensure all legal provisions and statutory compliance is done on time.
- Ensuring the auditing processes of the centers which meet the necessary statutory requirements.
- Review and monitor optimal availability of the cash balances and working capital requirements through the Financial Controller.
- Continuous improvements in internal controls and systems enhancements to ensure efficient control and recording of transactions
Patient Care Services
- Ensure quick response time to all patients
- Achieve heightened levels of customer service
- Develop & implement regular Patient Feedback mechanism
- Improve customer quality by studying, evaluating, and redesigning processes, establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes
- Monitor reports regarding OPD, Lab, Radiology and other services.
- Review and advise the centers on the relevant contracts from a financial perspective which meets the needs and requirements of the centers
- Monitor Manpower Cost, nos. and optimal utilization of Manpower
- Ensure and up keep motivational level of employees through employee engagement activities.
- Ensure and implement employee grievance redressal system
- Encourage and develop reporting team members’ multi-functionality
- Ensure implementation of performance appraisals chalk out action plans for development and growth of staff in tune with strategies and objectives of the organization
Qualifications for the Chief Operations Officer Job
- MBA or relevant management degree qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 4 years business development experience in a competitive demanding environment.
- 3 years of management experience, at least 1-year branch management experience
- 8+ years’ leadership experience in a large of medium sized organisation at a senior level
- Experience in development and implementation of business development strategies
- Experience in managing a branch network or multiple business locations
- Previous experience managing a health facility is an added advantage
Skills & competencies
- Demonstrated and effective leadership skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with customer service orientation.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of strategic planning
- High analytical skills
- Able to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while driving and meeting project timelines.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- Knowledge in and successful application of quality improvement skills in developing and implementing quality improvement programs.
- Excellent organization skills detail orientation and prioritization.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and possesses a wide range of information and communicate it clearly to the client.
- Must be computer proficient especially using Google calendar.
- Prior experience of managing a team of large number of people
- Ability to function in a multidisciplinary team and to provide leadership within the team.
How to Apply
Email your application to [email protected]
Ensure you indicate your current or last monthly salary within your application. Also quote the job reference number.
Email your application to the email address provided above
Closing Date: 16th May 2018