Media Council Of Kenya Job Vacancy : Multimedia Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Media Council Of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is seeking a highly motivated and self-organized individual to serve in the newly-created position of Multimedia Officer. He/she will be the focal point for developing and implementing visual outputs, ensuring clarity, coherence and consistency in visual communication across all dissemination channels.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Manager, s/he will also be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date visual database as a reference and for use by the Council.
Branding and Graphic Design
- Handling all the graphic design needs of the Council’s communications, ensuring timely delivery of attractive designs for external and internal use and for print and digital products:
- Design covers, programmes, flyers, publications and magazines, advertisements, invitations, posters, totems, stationary, give-away designs and other printed products;
- Design digital elements such as presentations, website banners, vignettes, animations and other digital elements, including full web pages.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement visual communication concepts for Council functions, including key visuals and display color, programmes and other materials.
- Co-ordinate with, and provide guidance to, service providers in preparing branded material.
- Undertake photo research and review related rights;
- Act as a point of contact for the Council in design and visual identity issues. Technical and Graphical Support
- Act as a point of contact and assistance for all issues relating to visual communication, from technical assistance to graphic design support:
- Create appealing graphs and illustrations from Excel data, PowerPoint files etc.; redraw existing graphs and illustrations to increase attentiveness for use in presentations, publications, website, etc.
- Build and maintain a Council image bank specifically oriented to its mandate, for easy retrieval depending on requirements (books, presentations, web articles etc.)
- Create or adapt documents/visuals at short notice.
- Apply the Council identity and branding guidelines for different uses.
- Provide high quality print files.
- Photography services, photo enhancements, corrections, modifications.
- Provide design support for all digital channels including but not limited to websites, social media sites and mobile applications
- Provide design support in the publication of the Council’s internal and external publications such as The Observer.
- Help identify and implement technical interfaces between web and print publishing.
- Provide in-house training on all graphic software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) to build internal competencies.
- Minimum Diploma in Multimedia Studies, Graphic Design/Visual arts, or equivalent. Relevant Degree will also be considered.
- A minimum three (3) years’ practical experience in designing a wide range of print and digital products, including books.
- Demonstrated skills in developing effective solutions for visual communication objectives with creativity.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with a range of professional design software including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professionaland MS Office
- Willingness to continually update oneself with technological developments and best practices in visual communication.
- Proven team-working ability, including the capacity to work effectively with people from many different backgrounds.
- Creativity, result-orientation, flexibility and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and co-ordinate parallel projects.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
All applications are to be made through the procedure outlined via link http://mediacouncil.or.ke/careers so as to reach not later than 1st March 2019 5.00pm.
N/B: The Media Council of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.