Medical Officer at National Council of Churches of Kenya
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: National Council of Churches of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Responsible for provision of personal, family, whanau and community orientated comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals. As part of the general practice team he/she is responsible for providing patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to a defined population.
- The Medical Officer will organize the dispensary, outpatient department and will allot duties to the other staff to ensure smooth running of the OPD.
- Ensure suitable arrangements for the distribution of work in the treatment of emergency cases which come outside the normal OPD hours.
- Organize laboratory services for cases where necessary and within the scope of his laboratory for proper diagnosis of doubtful cases.
- Make arrangements for rendering services for the treatment of minor ailments at community level and at the PHC through the Health Assistants, Health Workers and others.
- Attend to cases referred to him/her by Health Assistants, Health Workers, ASHA / Voluntary Health Workers where applicable, Dais or by the School Teachers.
- Screen cases needing specialized medical attention including dental care and nursing care and refer them to referral institutions.
- Provide guidance to the Health Assistants, Health Workers, Health Guides and School Teachers in the treatment of minor ailments.
- Cooperate and or coordinate with other institutions providing medical care services in his/her area.
- Organize and participate in the “health day” at least once in a month.
Preventive and Promotive Work
- Ensure that all the members of his/her Health Team are fully conversant with the various National Health & Family Welfare Programs including NRHM to be implemented in the area allotted to each Health functionary. He/she will further supervise their work periodically both in the clinics and in the community setting to give them the necessary guidance and direction.
- Prepare operational plans and ensure effective implementation of the same to achieve the laid down targets under different National Health and Family Welfare Programmes.
- Conduct field investigations to delineate local health problems for planning changes in the strategy of the effective delivery of Health and Family welfare services.
Reproductive and Child Health Programme
- The MO will promote institutional delivery and ensure that the PHC has the facilities to act as 24×7 service delivery PHC.
- Family Planning
- Universal Immunization Programme (UIP)
- National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP) Malaria
- Control of Communicable Diseases:
- National Programme for Prevention of Visual Impairment and Control of Blindness:
- Supervise the work of staff working under him/her.
- Ensure general cleanliness inside and outside the premises of the PHC and also proper maintenance of equipment under his/her charge.
- Eensure to keep up to date inventory and stock register of all the stores and equipment supplied to him/her and will be responsible for its correct accounting.
- Get indents prepared timely for drugs, instruments, vaccines, ORS and contraceptive etc. sufficiently in advance and will submit them to the appropriate health authorities.
- Check the proper maintenance of the transport given in his/her charge.
- Scrutinize the programmes of his/her staff and suggest changes if necessary to suit the priority of work.
- Get prepared and display charts in his/her own room to explain clearly the geographical areas, location of peripheral health units, morbidity and mortality, health statistics and other important information about his/her area.
- Hold monthly staff meetings with his/her own staff with a view to evaluating the progress of work and suggesting steps to be taken for further improvements.
- Ensure the regular supply of medicines and disbursements of honorarium to health guides.
- Ensure the maintenance of the prescribed records at PHC level.
- Receive reports from the periphery, get them compiled and submit them regularly to the district health authorities.
- Keep notes of his/her visits to the area and submit every month his/her tour report to the CMO.
- Discharge all the financial duties entrusted to him/her.
- Team player: Work collaboratively with Senior Management Team and Department staff in team assignments;
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- At least two years’ post internship experience in medical practice in a busy Health Facility.
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board Kenya.
- Must have a course in life support.
- Must have a valid practice license.
- Must know professional standards.
- Must be computer literate.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Good communication skills.
- Good observation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least two to three years in a similar position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click here to download the NCCK Job Application Form. The Application Forms to be sent to [email protected] and received not later than 12.00 noon on 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.