Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Africa Help – International
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Action Africa Help – International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Policy/Monitoring Jobs in Kenya
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Livelihoods Coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with the Area Manager and Senior Business Incubation Officer, Logistics team, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure continuous capacity building among staff in handling the Livelihood programming.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Livelihoods Coordinator on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Livelihoods Coordinator for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Livelihoods Coordinator.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to AAHK Project Management Team and UNHCR and other donors;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use. Perform other duties as required;
- Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and government staff
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in UNDP and GOB website;
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
- Prepare and maintain M& E data base
MINIMUM PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS
Minimum qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Agriculture, Business Administration or relevant discipline with further training in management
- At least 5 years of progressive responsible programme Monitoring and Evaluation, of which at least 2 years closely related to implementing camp management activities or community settlements.
- Master’s degree in Project Development and Management, Proposal Writing, Business Incubation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business administration or equivalent preferable.
Competencies and Desirable Skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the AAH-I and UNHCR’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of AAH-I
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
Additional Skills & Competences
- Communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Organisational and managerial skills
- ICT speciality (email, Spread-sheets, MS-word, Databases, job-related software, etc).
- Team-work and participation
- High level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical side of the job (numeracy, report-writing, critical thinking, leadership, etc).
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 24th October, 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.