Municipal Manager at Embu County
- Company: Embu County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Embu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Embu County Profile Embu County Government headed by H.E Governor Martin Wambora is one of the 47 counties in Kenya which came into operation after the March 4 2013 General Election. As an entity exercising constitutional authority, it is responsible for county legislation (outlined in article 185 of the Constitution of Kenya), executive functions (outlined in article 183), functions outlined in the fourth schedule of the constitution of Kenya, functions transferred from the national government through article 187 of the constitution of Kenya, functions agreed upon with other counties under article 189(2) of the constitution of Kenya, and establishment and staffing of a public service (under article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya).
LAND, PHYSICAL PLANNING, URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HOUSING, WATER AND IRRIGATION, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Municipal Manager – JOB GROUP ‘R’
VACANCY NO. CPSB 36/20
Terms of Service: Five (5) years Contract
Duties and responsibilities
The Municipal Manager shall perform the following functions:
- Implement and execute the decisions of the Board of the Municipality and shall be nswerable to the Board.
- Carrying out the day-to-day business of the Municipality to ensure that departments, sections and units conform to the overall operational plans and performance targets;
- Developing an annual operational plan, for the Board’s approval for effective implementation of the strategy of the Municipality;
- Implementing the Board’s decisions and corporate policies/programs in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the Municipality’s goals and objectives;
- Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures, performance standards and ensuring compliance of the same by staff;
- Ensuring effective communication between the Management and the Board as well as different levels of staff;
- Attending to human resource matters including development and implementation of sound Human Resource policies and procedures to maintain conducive working environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Managing staff matters including organizational structure, welfare, industrial relations, staff development, separation and effective management of successions plans;
- Strengthening collaborative partnership and undertaking appropriate liaison with the County Government Departments, sector institutions and other organs of National government in order to advocate, represent and influence policies on the development of infrastructures;
- Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submiss ions for consideration by the Board;
- Advising the Board concerning future activities and on the development of objectives and policies necessary to steer the Municipality ahead;
- Identify and develop mechanisms for managing the risks facing the Municipality;
- Be accountable and responsible for all resources and assets of the municipality;
- Prepare financial and expenditure statements and present to the board for approval;
- Respond to audit queries raised;
- Act as the secretary to the Municipal Board;
- Such other functions as the Board may confer upon the Municipal Manager.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate shall;
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
- Hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Be a member of a professional body.
- Have served and proven experience in administration or management either in public or private sector for a term of at least three years.
- Demonstrate experience in leadership and managerial skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of corporate governance.
- Satisfy chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010. Must obtain clearance from the following: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Method of Application
Candidates MUST attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
Embu County Public Service Board
P.O Box 2871- 60100,
- Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application
- Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer hence does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
- Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification.