Engineer – Core Network PS Support Job at Safaricom, Kenya
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Network & Service Operation Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Engineer – Core Network PS Support Job Purpose
Reporting to the Manager Core Network Data Support – the holder of the position will perform maintenance tasks to ensure the smooth running of all the Data Systems, provide long term support & solutions for the Data equipment, interface with the supplier of the PS Core equipment and follow up on escalated problem, participate in the implementation of new systems and oversee complex and/or critical Core PS equipment upgrade and major reconfiguration.
Engineer – Core Network PS Support Job Responsibilities
- Ensure system and service availability for all the Data systems;
- Contribute to the development of initiatives to reduce the support costs based on Departmental Opex;
- Ensure that New Installations and Configuration Changes are performed to the defined standards and are able to integrate to existing systems;
- Ensure timely completion of all major projects including capacity enhancements and technical readiness before product launch;
- Ensure successful clearance of faults within SLA;
- Document, execute, measure, review system security, develop quality initiatives and ensure proactive fault identification.
Qualifications For Engineer – Core Network PS Support Job
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Telecommunications engineering or related field;
- 3-4 Years OF experience in a busy IT / Telecommunications (Datacom) environment;
- Experience in routing and switching networking, Unix, Windows Operating Systems, knowledge of GSM packet switch infrastructure;Proven Analytical & problem solving skills when handling faults;
- Must be able to work without supervision & meet tight deadlines/schedules;
- Good presentation skills required occasionally when initiating the use of new procedures & long-term Network fault solutions;
- Proactive & self-motivated;
- Good public relations, communication & interpersonal skills when coordinating with contractor /other departments & suppliers.