Network Engineer – UC Systems at Equity Bank Kenya
- Company: Equity Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya - IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population.
Networks and Unified Communications System Engineer reports to the ICT Infrastructure manager. The engineer supports the business to ensure effective service delivery on Contact Centre &, Unified Communication for the bank.
The Unified Communications convergence systems engineer operations support the bank in areas including but not limited to real-time, enterprise communication services such as Data, voice, IP telephony, audio and video, desktop sharing, instant messaging, integrated voicemail, email, SMS and fax over converged networks.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise on management, operation and integration of Contact Centre Systems and Unified Communications.
- Designing, configuration, implementation and support of the Contact Centre and its related systems, agents and endpoint stations provisioning in the bank.
- Direct responsibility and accountability for completing assigned business plan and project work assigned by the Infrastructure manager.
- Investigating business processes and translating business functions into technical specifications, building templates for level 1 team to supporting data, Unified Communications, LAN/WAN and convergence systems.
- Ability to manage, verify, and troubleshoot enterprise communication services in the bank such as Data, voice, IP telephony, audio, and video, desktop sharing, instant messaging, integrated voicemail over converged wired and wireless networks
- Implementation of a variety of networking technologies including but not limited to TCP/IP, DHCP, TFTP, VLAN, QoS, VOIP, MPLS, voice applications, IP Gateways, Call Center, IP Soft phone, Call Management, Voice Messaging in the bank.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data and Unified Communications infrastructure problems including full restoration with change control.
- Play the technical lead role by designing and implementing solutions for integrating with 3rd-party business partners.
- Manage software/firmware for bank’s network and unified communication equipment for reliability, security, and availability.
- Creation and maintenance of accurate repository of all data and Unified Communications Asset inventory, network and architectural designs documentations in the bank.
- Collaborate with bank and third party network infrastructure team on network design, planning and migration for network, security, Unified Communications infrastructure to create scalable, secure, solutions strategic for the bank.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Performing installation, configuration, management and operation of Unified enterprise communication services in the bank such as Data, voice, IP telephony, audio, and video, desktop sharing, instant messaging, integrated voicemail over converged networks.
- Collaborating and coordinating with service providers and business partners for testing, tracking issues, follow-up and tuning new functionality to meet organizational requirements.
- Offering technical advice to the business in evaluating hardware and software products on IP Telephony and unified communications initiatives in the bank.
- Managing & enforcing of SLA levels with the relevant systems service providers/vendors.
- Good working knowledge and with basic experience of computers, servers, storage, operating systems, programming and generally good knowledge of the OSI model layers.
- Demonstrated understanding of network implementation concepts including switching VLANs to segmentation, routing, IP sub-netting, unicast, multicast, broadcast, , DHCP, access control lists, routing protocols, encryption, authentication, and/or IP packet forwarding.
- Mandatory knowledge and two years experience in basic networking technology especially routing and switching technology facets of design, build, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working experience with design, implementations & Support, of infrastructure support system such as directory systems e.g. Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NTP, PKI, virtualization.
- Solid experience in a professional support role managing voice technologies eg ISDN, SIP,H323, analogue, GSM, wired and wireless LAN/WAN technologies, LAN/WAN security.
- Good knowledge of ICT Service and project management practices such as ITIL, Prince II.
- Solid technical experience with major Unified Communication technologies and technology providers e.g Microsoft, Avaya and Cisco.
- IPT Application Enablement Services, Contact Center, Contact Recording and Quality Monitoring, and CTI technologies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy contact centre and convergence system environment.
Key Critical Competencies
- High personal integrity, self-motivation, accountability.
- Strong grasp of technology impact on business awareness.
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills in a complex environment.
- Well-developed system architecture planning, design implementation and support skills.
- Customer service and results oriented attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn, work effectively within a business or technical team.
- Culture sensitivity.
- Bachelor’s in any computing discipline ( Science/Engineering), from an accredited institution.
- Professional Certifications MCITP, CCNP voice, CVE, MCSE, ITIL, Avaya Aura Communication manager (R6 and above) implementation and support certifications
- Experience with large enterprise IP networks and related networking equipment
- Knowledge of video conferencing hardware and ITU standards (i.e. H.320, H.323, H.264 and SIP)
- Certifications in Cisco switches, media gateways – routers, Cisco/Tandberg and Polycom Video equipment, Cisco and Polycom Immersive Technology and Microsoft Lynch
- Certifications in CCNA, CCNP voice, CVE, MCSE or ITIL
- Good working knowledge of collaborations systems e.g. Teams, Zoom, WebEx
- Working knowledge of cloud/public media Streaming solutions e.g. Google, Facebook
- Good working knowledge of display systems and various conversions for different endpoints.
- Strong knowledge of data, security, & operations regulations and their application including ISO, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and other applicable regulations.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8th September, 2020