Nova Pioneer Job Vacancy : Transport Associate
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Nova Pioneer
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Transport Associate for our schools in Tatu and Athi River Campus to oversee the Nova Pioneer School bus program.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
The Transport Associate shall be responsible for school specific Transport Services operations such as oversight of the Nova Pioneer School bus program, teammate orientation and training.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Transport Associate shall ensure all school related Key Performance Indicators are met with respect to safety, cost management, compliance, record keeping, maintenance, feedback collection and action plan execution for effective service delivery to students, parents and Nova Pioneer teammates.
Transport Associate Job Responsibilities
- Collect and maintain transport services data including but not limited to;
- Student pick up and drop off timing (bus travel times). Keep logs pertaining to daily total distance and timings travelled by the fleet.
- Maintain accurate bus route maps
- Maintain and update student lists and a summary of changes that may occur.
- Keep a record of feedback from parents and the school academic team and the corresponding action plans.
- Prepare fuel consumption, re-fuelling records, maintenance and mileage reports for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual submission.
- Communicate this information to all impacted parties.
- Update all data gathering tools on a daily basis and prepare any specific reports as may be required.
- Using data collected, suggest practices that work towards the improvement of efficiencies including reduction of all unit cost of operations.
- Conduct Transport Services teammate onboarding, training and evaluation.
- Live, participate and lead the Nova Pioneer culture both within the serviceline and the organisation as a whole.
- Playbook procedures and other best practices relevant the Transport serviceline. Consistently raise awareness amongst teammates and others concerned about these procedures.
- Promote safe work practices in as prescribed by all procedures, relevant policies and compliance standards.
- Develop clear rosters that ensure drivers and bus assistants are engaged productively including supporting of any requested academic support initiatives and activities.
Qualifications for the Transport Associate Job
- At least 2 years of progressive experience responsible for transport operations management or related area.
- Minimum Diploma in Transport/Logistics Management or its equivalent.
- Must possess High school certificate.
- A valid driver’s license is a MUST – (ABCE). PSV licence will be an added advantage.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct (Not more than 6 months).
- Ability to diagnose vehicle mechanical fault and offer solutions.
- Good knowledge of Kenyan traffic rules and regulations.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication Skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be resourceful and able to find solutions to problems first.
- Excellent inventory management skills.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now! https://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/j2LHsWiDBG/Transport-Associate-Tatu-City-And-Athi-River
To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.