Occupational, Health & Safety Officer Job At Adept Consultants
Our client, an ink manufacturing company with a well-equipped manufacturing unit in Industrial Area Nairobi. Since it began its operations in1999, it has grown to become an industry leader in the manufacturing of inks, printing consumables and pigment. The company also trades in press-room supplies and has a monthly production capacity of 120 tons and exports its goods to 13 COMESA African countries. The main purpose of this position is to promote safety awareness by overseeing all aspects of Occupational Health & Safety and ensuring prompt and accurate investigation of incidences/accidents, recording and taking corrective actions.
Occupational, Health & Safety Officer Job Responsibilities
- Formulating, reviewing and implementing occupational safety & health policies, strategies, guidelines and procedures.
- Plan and execute periodical risk assessments and site inspections, identifying potential hazards and coming up with ways of reducing possible risks and their impact
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, keep proper records and follow up on implementation of preventative and corrective actions.
- Maintain daily recording data of safety incidents, accidents, illnesses and near misses, and maintain the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual and provide reports to management.
- Plan and direct quarterly Health & Safety meetings, and act as the Secretary.
- Conducting and/or organizing industrial safety and health training for company employees.
- Keep abreast with and advise on issues of regulatory compliance and industrial best practices.
- Plan, organize and implement relevant occupational safety and health activities and programs that enhance a safe work culture.
- Monitor staff compliance to health and safety requirements and monitoring stocking of safety and health equipment.
- Supervise and oversee the treatment of employees injured in the course of duty and implement processes to reduce the number of injuries occurring.
- Point of contact with relevant authorities
- Ensure that all equipment installed correctly and safety standards are observed.
- Undertake fire safety drills
Qualifications For Occupational, Health & Safety Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with professional Training in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent qualification.
- A Post-graduate diploma in safety management is an added advantage.
- Registration with the Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health Services (DOSHS) preferred.
- Five years relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and prompt in reporting.
- Self-motivated with the drive to enforce implemented actions.