OGRA Foundation Job Vacancy : Program Coordinator
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: OGRA Foundation
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type:
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
OGRA Foundation is a non-governmental organization registered in Kenya. Its core pillars are disease prevention and treatment; maternal and child health; health systems strengthening; and community empowerment.
Our mission is to promote, improve health and emergency response in pursuing economic and cultural development in the fight against poverty and social exclusion in the communities.
OGRA Foundation in partnership with Kenya Red Cross Society is implementing the Global Fund for HIV project targeting communities in Kisumu and Vihiga Counties.
OGRA Foundation is currently looking for an able professional to fill the following position in the organization:
Overall Job Function:
To provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of Global Fund project ; to deliver high impact project outcomes in line with OGRA Foundation Program strategy and strategic plan.
Program Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Global Fund Program Development, Implementation & Reporting
- Participates in the development of GF project and ensures successful implementation of program activities in line with approved Global fund work plans and budgets;
- Provides programmatic support and technical advice to project teams and field staff in GF project planning, monitoring and evaluation including grant management;
- Leads in the assessments and reporting of progress against activities targets relating to Global Fund project implementation and action plans;
- Prepares and presents periodic technical reports on the progress of implementation of Global Fund project activities.
Partnerships, Collaboration & linkages
- Identifies and pursues strategic collaborations and partnerships with governments, donor and development partners, civil society as well as professional bodies in advancing GF project, interests and goals;
- Promotes cross projects linkages and synergy within project staff in order to achieve project outcomes;
- Engages with relevant international and national stakeholders on policy and project issues of interest and priorities to OGRA Foundation;
- Prepares, reviews and ensure timely submission of technical reports on the progress of implementation of GF project and activities.
Management of Resources and Budgets
- In consultation with the finance team, develops a cost-effective budget, schedule and tracks GF project to ensure compliance;
Leadership and People Management
- Supervises all GF project staff in the designated project areas;
- Coordinates setting of GF project work plans and staff performance targets and undertakes periodic performance appraisal for Global Fund project staff;
- Identifies staff training needs and recommends training programs to address staff performance gaps;
- Maintains staff discipline and ensures effective handling of staff grievances in consultation with HR function;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications for the Program Coordinator Job
- Candidate must possess a minimum qualification of Bachelor degree in health, water & sanitation, project management or development field.
- Advance certificate in Management or extensive training in leadership development programs.
- 5 years of experience in program/project management
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS programs
- Program development and management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Organizational and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to network and to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Financial management skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) to the Human Resource Manager, OGRA Foundation at [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject line on or before 27th July 2018.
Canvassing by applicant is strongly discouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.