One Acre Fund Job Vacancy : Grants Finance Associate/Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
One Acre Fund is growing quickly – we plan to quadruple our farmer impact in the next five years – to make that happen, our Business Development team is working hard to raise an ambitious level of funds from private foundations, individuals, and bilateral organizations in the US and globally. In 2018 alone, we will raise over $50 million, becoming one of just a few hundred non-profits founded in the past decades to achieve this milestone, and in doing so, fuel our field program to end chronic hunger for at least 750,000 farm families with over 2.5 million children.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to support our future fundraising objectives by leading our grant finance management and compliance function, working closely with both finance and business development leadership.
This position could be hired at two different levels depending on experience and interview performance:
Key Responsibilities Include
The Grants Finance Associate will take ownership of grants finance execution. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of work experience in a corporate finance or grants finance role, with significant exposure to financial or grant budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes and deliverables.
Design and own budgets for a >$50m grant portfolio: Develop tailored grant budgets for new funding proposals to fuel our ambitious targets. Prepare detailed budget narratives on current and future field strategy, based on a strong foundation of cross-country program knowledge.
Manage grant maintenance through strong grant reporting and compliance: Combine strong analytical reporting and field context to create comprehensive grant reports for existing donors, from private foundations to bilateral organizations. Collaborate with finance leads in all countries of operation to prepare budget vs actual (BVA) reports, and ensure the responsible spend-down of all restricted grants.
Innovate Grant finance policies, systems, and tool building: Drive continual improvement in our policies and processes through the pursuit of industry standards and technical innovation. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build, update, and automate systems, tools, and templates to meet organization and donor need and minimize compliance risk.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- The Grants Finance Manager will lead our grants finance function, overseeing the associate and execution while also driving strategy and communication with key stakeholders in Business Development and Finance. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience managing budget proposals and reports for large, multi-year grants for foundations and bilaterals, within a large, international NGO.
- Manage and innovate Grants Finance function: Oversee the workflow across reporting team with excellent execution of Grants Finance deliverables. Review and improve our current tools, systems, and strategy.
- Facilitate cross-department collaboration: Act as the key channel of communication between Business Development, Finance, country leadership, and external donors. Develop the systems and channels needed to facilitate this seamless collaboration.
- Advise and support strategic decision-making: Work closely with Business Development leadership and staff, to advise on investment priorities and fundraising ‘headroom’, and to manage and troubleshoot budget compliance challenges. Provide ongoing training and support to the Business Development team, to build financial fluency of all team members.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals who will help take One Acre Fund to the next levels of fundraising. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 3-5+ years of work experience in corporate or grants finance. Experience within foundations and donor institutions will also be considered.
- Experience managing large portfolio of grants, with individual budgets exceeding $1M, across complex government and private funding. Fluency in the grant management cycle, from budget development to close-out.
- Strength in developing or improving processes—both human and systems—that improve efficiency or execution.
- Familiarity with SAP and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Strong demonstrated leadership, management, and project experience, within and across teams.
- Ability to communicate in a logical and structured way with leadership and staff at all levels, representing varying backgrounds of financial expertise.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communications.
- Willingness to travel (may be requested up to 10% of the time.)
- Language: English required.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing stipend, annual flights and other quality of life benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates