Ongoing Interns Recruitment at Save the Children (2016 Jobs)
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children International is looking to recruit for the following positions:
Job Title: Communications and Media Intern
Team / Programme: Regional Programme Operations team – under Regional Communications and Media Manager
- Support in the packaging of humanitarian communication materials for SCI
- Support development of full spectrum communication materials
- Media monitoring
- Support development and posting of content for website and social media
- Assist the SCI ESARO Communications and Media Manager in the following tasks:
- Preparation of communication materials, fact brochures, newsletters and publication.
- Assisting in maintaining an inventory of all communication materials at HQ and in field offices;
- Support in development and maintenance of a suite of materials to effectively communicate the work of ESARO.
- Support the development of ESARO reports
- Edit or develop and disseminate SCI – ESARO case studies and success stories to maximize their use;
- Work with project teams to create and regularly update project profiles as well as an organizational profile;
- Maintain a database of available success stories from the countries
- Provide support in the development and procurement of communication materials.
- Design and production of reports in Adobe Indesign using templates provided
- Creative design and development of other related products and publications to support advocacy and communication messages from the East Africa Regional Office
- Update SCI social media on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements and send daily reports to Communications Manager for onward dissemination.
- Support the Communications and Media Manager in editing/drafting feature articles, success stories, press release as well as be involved in selection of impact pictures
- Assist in preparation of content for trainings related to regional activities/events
- Assist in conducting of any campaigns and events the SCI ESARO communications unit undertake.
- Assist in planning and implementing new communication initiatives
- Assist the Communications Unit with administrative tasks any other duties as may be assigned.
- Knowledge in converting written text into creative works for children.
- Respond to Communications and Media queries in the absence of the Regional Communications Unit
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- University degree in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent; (Completed or undertaking)
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential, as well as a critical eye for editing and proofreading grammar
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail
- Experience and skills in the use of software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
- Experience in managing websites and in using social media tools in a professional context
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and handle work in a timely manner
- Knowledge of or interest in Save the Children, as well as a commitment to the mission and vision
- Willingness and ability to travel to gather stories.