1 Aug 2020
Operations Manager at Kenya Pipeline Company
Welcome to Jobweb Kenya. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Kenya Pipeline Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
- Ensure storage and transportation of petroleum products through the pipeline in the most efficient, safe and economical manner.
- Ensuring that a workable supply logistics programme, which is based on the statistical figures of the product supply and the corresponding product requirements, is maintained.
- Ensuring the storage and preservation of the required product quality standards in the pipeline and storage system through liaison with SHEQ Manager.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the Terminal and Depot Managers on the day to day running of the department.
- Advise the GM (Operations & Maintenance) on changes in operational requirements which may be necessary for optimization of petroleum pumping.
- Ensure safe and proper equipment and machinery utilizations are achieved.
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager that proper maintenance schedules are effected to improve on plant and equipment availability and efficiency.
- Ensure that budgetary provisions are made while expenditure in the department is controlled within agreed budgets.
- Follow correctness and timely production of all Operations Department management reports and ensure proper dispatch and distribution of reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to and that the environment is protected.
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving organization performance.
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance.
- Review incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate and implement training programs in Operations department, aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level gained in Project Management operations
- Qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Registered and licensed with EBK as a professional Engineer or any other recognized professional body.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of engineering aspects in Oil/gas Industry including broad knowledge of local and international standards (and petroleum and environmental testing
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining engineering issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Petroleum industry.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of KPC requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in engineering projects.
- Accountability and results oriented management rather than direct supervision.
- Ability to handle an Emergency Response situation and Team as well as handling safety oversight roles.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 August, 2020