OSS SME Engineer at Nokia
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Nokia
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|1||System Administration & Maintainence-OSS Nodes support (E///, ZTE, Nokia-Netact,TXN Server (SOME/SAM/Cacti..etc)|
|a||Respond to NOC TTs for all OSS related nodes as per Fault Management process. This involves OSS related Faults Analysis ,Troubleshooting and Rectification. This involves onsite or Remote support for hardware or software related faults|
|b||Support all OSS users for issues/problems raised by individual users|
|c||Followup on TT with Care, ZTE, E/// and third party support|
|d||Escalation support with Care, E///, ZTE and other third party for open TTs|
|e||Laision for HP,ORACLE, EMC and other third party elements for related support and trouble management|
|g||Hardware Inventory and reconciliation|
|h||Hardware Replacement and local coordination, Site access to vendor, arranging for passive elements like cables patch cords etc. for upgrades, new NE etc.|
|i||Server Hard Reboot|
|j||Isolate and Fix Local LAN/POWER issues for all servers/OSS/NMS/EMS|
|k||Follow up / Resolve OSS nodes Connectivity issues due to internal failures|
|2||Preventive Maintenance for all OSS Nodes/servers|
|a||Performe Health Check,analysis and corrections as part of preventive maintenance.|
|b||Scheduling & execution of OSS Nodes Audits /Planned Activies /AuditsSite visit (execution by onsite engineer where & when required)|
|3||OSS Systems Backup|
|a||Perform OSS systems backup as per shared BISP procedure|
|d||Provide backup media / storage as per system backup requirements (onsite & remote)|
|e||Insert / remove tapes on tape library/drive as may be applicable for each system|
|4||Backup Restoration (All Systems) when required|
|a||Initiate request and coordinate for system backup restoration during Emergency recovery.|
|b||Verify required functionality has been restored|
|a||User Ids Creation / deletion – Management/Troubleshooting on OSS Systems|
|b||User Ids Creation / deletion – Management/Troubleshooting on NEs|
|a||Supporting FNI & Mass SW upgrades (Change delivery / Ontop CD installation)|
|b||Supporting on Major Hardware upgrades / SW updates. This involves thorough vetting during New OSSRAN domain. This involves environmental ,power, earthing, redundancy , Hardware, software level checks etc|
|c||Technical notes implementation / changes recommended by Vendors.|
Qualifications & competence
- Bsc in IT/ computer science /Engineering related fields or equivalent.
- IT related systems certifications
- 2-5 years work experience.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures; work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Some latitude for independent judgment Knowledge about and at best experience with project management
- Excellent, high level knowledge; complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of expertise and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Ability to identify problems at an early stage and solve them effectively
- Well-developed listening, communication and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence people from different levels of the organization
- Required skills
- Business awareness; Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills; Excellent planning skills; High personal standards and goal oriented; Excellent interpersonal skills; Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility, Adaptability; Decisiveness; Manage Execution; Foster Open Communication; Customer Focus