Pastoralist Community Initiative and Development Assistance Job Vacancy : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pastoralist Community Initiative and Development Assistance
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The Pastoralist Community Initiative and Development Assistance (PACIDA) is an indigenous, non-sectarian, non-profit making organization committed to linking emergency, rehabilitation and development in pursue of sustainable pastoralist development.
PACIDA works with marginalized pastoralist and agro-pastoralist populations in the arid and semi-arid areas in Kenya and Southern Ethiopia to end poverty and hunger and provide sustainable durable solutions to the challenges affecting the vulnerable communities.
PACIDA respects strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to principles of non-discrimination and transparency. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development through a contextualized multidisciplinary approach.
Adopting a community-based approach, PACIDA works towards ensuring that the poorest and most vulnerable pastoralist communities have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH), Sustainable Livelihoods, Peace and Governance, Education and Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change and Adaptations.
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension based on performance
In order to fulfill its mandate, PACIDA is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be based in Marsabit.
We seek an innovative M&E officer with a deep understanding of monitoring and evaluation and CLA to join our team. S/he will develop and refine PACIDA project-based MEL Plans, lead development and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation processes, and establish a data quality management strategy.
S/he will provide support to PACIDA’s rigorous field-based monitoring and evaluation activities including digital data collection and analysis for baselines and endlines in addition to the design and implementation of additional studies in close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
The M&E Officer is expected to support the monitoring and evaluation Manager in seeking out innovations and best practice methodologies that will strengthen the quality, design, and metrics and of PACIDA M&E activities that will provide inputs for program learning and improvements, contribute to the global evidence base for graduation, inform future project design, and underpin quality donor reporting.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven, analytical, detail-oriented individual with experience in M&E, conducting field assessments and household surveys. He or she is both hands-on and able to do project design, planning, project management, and analysis.
Based in Marsabit and reporting to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will include:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan across the organization and ensure delivery against the plan in PACIDA’s programmatic areas.
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework targeted at different internal and external audiences and develop regular reports to guide management decision-making.
- Develop and implement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans for all projects
- Conduct data collection activities, including coordination of enumerator training, as well as the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative surveys, impact assessments and longevity studies.
- Spearhead the development of the capacity of staff to understand and reflect on data and the use of monitoring and evaluation tools to support learning and adaptive management.
- Build evidence of impact of PACIDA’s graduation model through collaborating with research bodies to carry out successful targeted research and analysis towards PACIDA’s influence and government adoption goals.
- Provide support in reporting on periodic evaluations both internally and with external consultants of PACIDA’s innovations and interventions and their contribution to increasing impact per dollar, and achieving Kenya government’s strategies and plans
- Writing up of monitoring and evaluation reports
- Promote a culture of data demand and use within PACIDA
- Support documentation and dissemination of generated research, analysis and learning internally and externally.
- Support implementation of quality management systems and track quality metrics.
- Generate data reports, and recommend ways to improve data quality to ensure accuracy and quality service delivery.
- Support the review and development of strategies, tools and processes for ongoing data quality assurance (DQA) processes.
- Continual assessment of quality of program delivery and data by managing ongoing field surveys, and analysis of collected data.
- Organize and support quarterly reflection and training meetings to ensure continuous learning and improvement of PACIDA’s data collection tools and methodologies.
- Lead and strengthen quality control of our data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, and validation.
Key Performance Metrics include:
- MEL Plans developed and implemented for all PACIDA projects
- Monthly monitoring and survey data generated through Performance Insights are accurate, reliable, complete, timely and valid
- Periodic and ad hoc surveys and studies are high quality and delivered on time.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the M & E Manager.
- A degree in disaster management, community development and project management, development studies or social science from a recognized institution. Masters degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least four years’ experience in national/ international NGO, two of which must be in a management position.
- At least four years of involvement in the community work; mobilizing, counselling and monitoring and evaluation with strong NGO background.
- Possess skills in Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E), Reporting, Business strategy, Quality management, Data collection, Data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to offer strategic advice on programming
- Experience in cross-border programming desirable
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure in emergency situations.
- Strong commitment to the organization’s mission, vision and strategies
- Ability to manage time, multitask and prioritize
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- English & Kiswahili fluency are minimum requirements.
How to ApplyThis is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to; [email protected], quoting position in the email subject matter, by Monday 25th June, 2018. Applications should include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.