People & Culture Coordinator at World Vision Kenya
- Company: World Vision Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Reporting to : People & Culture Director
Grade Level : 14
Purpose of Position
Provide timely coordination of staff onboarding, total rewards administration, staff care and performance management initiatives for WVK to promote child wellbeing outcomes.
Total Rewards Administration, 40%
- Ensure that compensation and benefits programs are aligned to the WVK Total Rewards Philosophy and are competitively positioned within the local and international labour markets.
- Administer compensation and benefit programmes for all staff (national staff, International staff, contract employees, temporary, casuals, volunteers etc) in accordance to WVK Policies
- Facilitate the understanding of Compensation and benefits programmes through on-going communication, policy, and process development.
- Facilitate the conducting of regular targeted compensation and benefits surveys and benchmarking and prepare reports and recommendations to management for review and decision making to ensure WVK is positioned as an attractive employer
- Ensure proper management of service contracts relating to compensation and benefits including procurement, contracting and conducting regular performance reviews to ensure services are offered in accordance to the Service Level Agreements and achievement of cost effectiveness and value for money for WVK.
- Ensure timely enrollment and termination of staff and their dependents into all benefits programs as appropriate.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll and out of payroll payment of employees every month
- Ensure timely preparation and payment of final dues to separating employees and t processing of gratuities and leave allowances for staff.
- Ensure timely remittance of all staff deductions to all statutory bodies.
- Prepare a monthly reconciliation report on payroll data with data from HRIS(OP) to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
Staff Orientation, 20%
- Facilitate effective induction and orientation for new hires at all levels in line with WVK policies on Staff Orientation.
- Conduct orientation session for new staff to ensure that new staff understand all World Vision Policies and sign all requisite documents
- Review all new staff documents to ensure completeness ahead of forwarding them for employee files creation
Performance Management, 20%
- Support staff during the probation period to ensure timely setting of probationary goals, assessments and confirmations.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual performance management cycle to ensure timely performance planning, performance reviews and conducting of performance appraisals
- Collate information from performance appraisals processes to guide management in decision making including consideration for PIPS, awards of merit increases, Recognition etc)
- Ensure timely uploading of appraisal information & Scores to the Human Resources Information system
Staff Care, 10%
- Coordination the provision of staff care & Support for World Vision Kenya
- Ensure timely deployments of interventions to build capacity for staff well-being across the National Office so that employees can achieve balance in work responsibilities and other aspects of life.
- Ensure peer support activities in the organization are available and well-coordinated and provide peer support as and when required.
- Provide regular updates to staff on the Staff Wellness Programs to encourage uptake for increased staff wellness
- Conduct regular review of the staff wellness programs and interventions deployed to inform usage and or provide information to management for decisions making
Collaboration and networks 5%
- Actively participate in roll out of P & C initiatives
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
- Participation in Inter agency workgroups and other Networks
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
- Participate in Trans teams and support other initiatives by partners in the spirit of integration
- Any other duties as might be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a university degree in Human Resource Management or related
- A professional diploma in Human Resources Management is required if the first degree is not in HRM
- A minimum of four years’ experience in human resources
- Must be a member of a recognized member of IHRM with a practicing license
- Experienced as a HR Generalist is required with greater focus on administration of compensation, benefits, staff care and performance management
- Knowledge and experience in administration of staff benefits including medical insurances, Pension schemes, insurance covers including GPA, WIBA, Group Life etc, NHIF, NSSF, NITA,
- Training as a Pension Trustee is an added advantage
- Experience in payroll processing in a large organization
- Knowledge and experience of managing payroll deductions and their remittances
- Experience in use of Human Resources Information system
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be conversant with the local and international labor legislations
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14th October, 2020