Pre-Sales Engineer at IWayAfrica
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IWayAfrica
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
IWayAfrica is a leading African ISP, offering solutions over satellite, fiber optic and wireless networks. Our expertise lies in designing, installing and operating networks to suit customers’ requirements. The Group currently services over 67,000 corporate subscribers and over 20,000 consumer subscribers across Sub-Saharan Africa. The following vacant positions have arisen in its Kenya Operations:
ACCOUNTABLE FOR: Collaborating with the sales and technical teams by acting as technical expert in customer proposals, presentations and transition between pre-sales specifications and implementation engineering once contracts have been awarded.
Purpose of the position.
To actively drive product development and technical sales process, manage the technical evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with Sales and Technical teams; provide guidance to teams, plan and modify product technical configurations to meet client requirements and pursue additional business development opportunities being identified continuously.
Act as the first representation for the company’s tactical formulation of Sales & Marketing Strategic Road Map in line with the Business Strategies and competitive edge by providing a variety of technical and non-technical consulting, and advisory services for clients both inside and outside the company.
- Knowledge on Customer Segmentation: Follow through the process whereby a target market is divided into specific sets of consumers for further market analysis and match with product set.
- Product comprehension: Specifically capture, document and close on the offered products with the relevant vendors their functionalities, properties, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Identification of Customer Needs: Use appropriate questions and active listening in order to identify customer expectations (from team and customers directly), desires and requirements according to product and services.
- Keep up to date on Product Knowledge: Gather the latest information on developments related to the existing or supported products, including their updates/upgrades, methods or techniques.
- Technical Reports: Prepare technical reports that describe considerations, facts, quantities, results and processes of scientific or technical research, or assess its progress.
- Definition of Technical Requirements: Specify technical properties of goods, materials, methods, processes, services, systems, software and functionalities by identifying and responding to the particular needs that are to be satisfied according to customer requirements
- Sales Certification. Maintain and achieve technical sales certifications required of different vendor partnerships including for other sales team Members.
NOTE: You will be measured on a daily basis on aspects of Team work, communication, integrity, interpersonal, decision making, thinking ability, judgment, time consciousness and all personal attributes related to your job based on your behaviour and interactions with the other stakeholders.
Detailed job responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technical and advisory skills to support customers and sales teams, effectively communicate technical and business messages through collecting all relevant information from clients and creating write-ups with recommendations
- Successfully participate in complex customer accounts or projects, bridging between the needs of the customer and the company
- Work with Sales Teams to provide technical and business expertise, inner workings of the consulting business and delivery of solutions, such that company service offerings and technical capabilities are maximized on each customer engagement
- Facilitate meetings and present concepts to clients and design solutions to meet their business expectations
- Propose solutions that exceed customer expectations by creating additional value and the need for
- future engagements through implementations that meet technical requirements, target schedule milestones and budgets
|Computer proficiency||Planning and coordination||Customer focused|
|Customer service||Analytical and problem solving||Results and Goal orientated|
|SOLID||Customer Centric||Self- Motivated|
|Proposal Writing and Reporting||Report writing||Flexible and Solution driven|
Products Landscape- Existing and Emerging Trends
|Demonstrated industry knowledge of the Telecom and ICT product including;
Connectivity Technologies, Firewall, Network and Data Management
|Technical and Sales Aptitude
Job Special Requirements
- You will be required to be a Customer Focused, problem solving orientated individual, a self-starter who uses own initiative, someone who wants to be challenged and who enjoys working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Work with minimum supervision and as a good team player in a very busy environment.
- You are expected to display excellent communication skills (verbal, presentation, and telephone), Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology plus certifications in CCNP, PMP and Microsoft Certifications. CCIE will be an added advantage. Not less than 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferably within the ISP industry.
Special Job Requirements
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and knowledgeable in everyday marketing activities.
An individual who is an excellent communicator, with lots of enthusiasm and ready to make a difference. Knowledge of our industry matters too.