Procurement & Logistics Officer Career : Parklands Baptist Church
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Procurement & Logistics Officer Career At Parklands Baptist, Kenya
Position: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Reports to: Head of Operations
Duty Station: PBC Westlands, Nairobi
- Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of staff and activities of the procurement and logistics unit of the church in Westlands and its branches, ensuring PBC complies with all policy and standards statutory requirements.
Procurement & Logistics Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide overall supervision and coordination of staff and activities in the procurement and logistics department.
- Ensure the proper design and timely functioning of a service and support-oriented procurement management system for PBC departments and ministries, including procurement, contracting and logistical support.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are collected and submitted to the Procurement Committee each time a vetting process is required.
- Establish, maintain and reinforce a catalogue of procedures governing procurement, contracting and logistics support activities for the church as per procurement policies and financial guidelines.
- Establish and maintain centralized records of all aspects associated with procurement and logistics of PBC to ensure that the highest standards possible are followed.
- Establish and maintain an internal tracking system that ensures procurement expenditures are properly appropriated.
- Ensure consistent communication, coordination and responsiveness with the procurement committee, treasurer and other church leadership on the status of procurement, contracting and logistics activities.
- Implement proper controls and monitoring procedures for procurement and contracting processes; responsible for ensuring transparency and competitiveness of PBC bids analysis, bidding and tendering processes.
- Prepare and conduct Request for Quotations (RFQs), Purchase Requests, Bid Analysis Sheet (BASs), and review purchase receipts, quotations, bids and proposals, evaluations and negotiations of all goods and services to ensure compliance with PBC procurement regulations.
- Provide recommendations on pricing, sourcing and specifications relating material, goods and services for PBC in order to improve quality and value for money.
- Coordinate annual prequalification of suppliers of goods and services; and create and update a pricing list for most commonly used items for the church.
- Attend procurement committee meetings, and make recommendations to the church leadership and management on improvements to the procurement policy and procedures to increase the efficiency of PBC contracting and tendering mechanisms.
- Ensure effective internal control of assets, inventory and property management in liaison with the Finance Office.
- Liaise with BOT and Clerk of Works to develop standard designs for bidding and tendering processes taking into consideration locally available resources, safety and security concerns.
- Ensure that all paperwork and procedures are followed for customs and duty exemptions in coordination with the finance office and the church treasurer.
- Ensure that all procurement and contracting processes are in full compliance and all activities are up to date with PBC reporting and auditing requirements.
Coordinate vehicle movements as well as transportation for all PBC department and ministry activities.
- Ensure that all Church vehicles are in excellent operating condition and are clean and safe.
- Maintain individual files on each vehicle documenting repairs and operating costs including fuel and oil consumption, insurance and breakdowns.
- Monitor vehicle log book, keep track of fuel card use for each car and reconcile with the bills, ensure that drivers are well trained and are up to date with any new Government regulations.
- Allocate venues for various Church activities and ensure timely provision of furniture and equipment as requested by authorized users.
- Supervision of designated staff.
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may change subject to the dynamic needs of the Church.
Requirements For Procurement & Logistics Officer Job
- Must have a personal relationship with Christ and be a regular and active member of a recognized Church congregation of like faith as PBC.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, implement and maintain procurement and logistics operations with high professional standards and integrity.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to lead/coordinate different activities.
Qualifications For Procurement & Logistics Officer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Supply Chain Management or Related field from a recognized institution.
- Advanced Diploma in purchasing and Supplies Management or Equivalent.
- Must be a CPSP- Kenya (Certified Procurement & Supply Professional).
- A recognized member of CIPS or KISM.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Work will be performed in a normal office environment and may be required to travel in executing procurement processes. You may occasionally work beyond normal working hours to meet deadlines and participate in Church meetings. Interaction is with staff members, volunteers, church members and congregants, clients and vendors of PBC and key publics. Sunday is a normal working day.
How to Apply
- If you feel adequately suited for this job and can greatly contribute to the PBC vision, please email your application to [email protected] which shall include a cover letter and detailed CV with three referees, one of whom must be a pastor. Indicate your current and expected salary. Only email applications shall be considered. The email subject line should indicate the position being applied for.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 pm Tuesday 21st June 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.