Procurement & Logistics Specialist NGO at UNOPS
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: UNOPS
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Under the supervision of the Head of Support Services (HOSS), the Procurement and Logistics Specialist’s duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system
- Process Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre procurement business mapping and elaborate/establish internal standard operating procedures in procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit
- Analyze requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies
- Synthesize proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre, including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations, payment conditions, risk assessment
- Implement the strategic procurement in the Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement
- Prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation
- Implement of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of Request for Quotation (RFQ), Invitation to Bid (ITB) or Request for Proposal (RFP), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of contracts in compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation
- Manage procurement contracts and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems
- Prepare cost-recovery bills for procurement services provided by UNOPS to other agencies
- Manage e-procurement module and development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Provide administrative support for the management of programme assets and expendable items
- Ensure proper receipting, storage, issuance, loan, right of use, maintenance, disposal, transfer mechanisms for programme assets, and expendable items
- Ensure preparation and submission of periodic programme assets and expendable reports
- Write off expendable and non-expendable equipment in accordance with UNOPS and DPKO policies and procedures
- Maintain logistics records
- Ensure proper usage and maintenance of programme vehicles
- Coordinate with authorities and relevant stakeholders in managing the procurement and logistics activities (e.g. customs clearances, freight forwarding, gaining authorizations, etc.)
- Ensure record keeping of all procurement and logistical files in compliance with the UNOPS policies
- Ensure availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes
- Provide periodic guidance and training to the programme personnel on UNOPS procurement and logistics policies and procedures
- Synthesize lessons learnt and best practices in procurement and logistics
- Manage the procurement and logistics cells
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- An advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field; OR
- A first-level university degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field with 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is desired.
- Fluency in English (speak, read, write).
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=17969