Procurement Officer at National Council of Churches of Kenya
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: National Council of Churches of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
- Responsible for the overall management of inventories of all stores and sub stores.
- Ensure that proper procurement processes are known, clear and adhered to in the unit.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories at the levels set by the management ensuring that there is no overstocking or stock outs.
- To establish reorder levels for all stocked goods.
- To ensure that no goods expire without being detected and returned to the vendors.
- Responsible for proper receipt of material as per the terms and conditions of the purchase orders.
- Responsible for timely processing of all invoices for the material received.
- Responsible for issuing to all staff and respective departments, ensuring complete customer and staff satisfaction.
- To ensure that purchase requisitions are raised in time so that the material can be procured at the right time.
- Responsible for the stocks of all consignment items, maintaining records of their receipt, issue, consumption details and processing of internal requisition, Local Purchase Orders and invoices.
- To organize physical stock verification in all stores at the stipulated time periods to ensure that inventory is equal to physical inventories.
- To generate MIS reports about the performance of each department and communicate to the reporting officer regarding the same.
- To formulate and implement departmental standard operating protocols, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for purchase of operational supplies and various services in accordance with the established specifications and industry / statutory norms, without compromising on price, quality, delivery timelines and payment conditions.
- Performing to the budgets and meeting all deadlines.
- Provide and seek necessary technical information with regard to product sourcing, vendors and possible substitutes so that they can make informed decisions for value added purchases.
- Prepare request for proposals, request for quotations and purchase orders for material procurement in a scheduled and prioritized manner.
- Evaluate and maintain the approved list of suppliers and vendors for procurement.
- Liaise with suppliers/logistics dept. for all shipments and coordinate with end user departments for timely flow of information for planning the operations accordingly.
- Maintain pricing records and cost analysis for current future strategies.
- Payment follow up schedule to ensure timely payments to suppliers, detect for not meeting the service standards (delay), and effectively manage/ reduce procurement cycle time and procurement costs.
- Development and implementation of new procedures for reducing the turnaround time for procurement.
- Ensuring to complete quality documentation through the team members (soft and hard copies) for procurement of materials.
- Develop and build contacts in the local markets and as well out-side the region.
- Develop and maintain effective & productive working relationships with key business managers across the organization as well as suppliers/vendors.
- Liaison between company and peer organizations, communicating various issues and troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ensure all procedures, policies and shortage awareness is thoroughly understood by subordinates.
- Manage teams with clearly defined objectives to produce outstanding results.
- Any other job that wlill be given from time to time
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Degree/ Diploma in Supply chain management /Procurement
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click here to download the NCCK Job Application Form. The Application Forms to be sent to [email protected] and received not later than 12.00 noon on 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.