Production Manager at East African Portland Cement Company Limited
- Company: East African Portland Cement Company Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Kenya
Reporting administratively and functionally to the Head of Production Operations, the Production Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling production in the Company and mobilizing resources to produce the budgeted cement quantity and quality efficiently and within budget.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- An unwavering commitment to the highest standards for workplace safety, environmental compliance, and manufacturing of high-quality products.
- Actively train and develop the production team to ensure safe, environmentally compliant operations that pursues the maximum efficient operations producing quality products for our customers.
- Work closely with the maintenance team to prioritize and formulate course of action to take in correcting equipment problems and scheduling preventative maintenance.
- Implement and direct plan and work schedules of assigned areas to achieve the maximum effective utilization of employees, production, fuel, equipment and materials to meet quality standards, and monthly/yearly production and cost goals.
- Responsible for refractory maintenance within the pyro-processing systems, with ability to coordinate seamlessly with the mechanical and electrical sections.
- Ensure close coordination between Production, Maintenance, and Quality departments. Manage all production contractors and monitor, reduce, and control costs associated with those contractors.
- Ensure the development of standard operating procedures and implementation of such procedures to increase process efficiency, equipment performance, product quality and productivity.
- Develop both fixed and operating budgets consistent with the annual operating plan, track financial / production performance, and prepare various reports for Company utilization. Develop a maintenance budget for kiln, mill systems and grinding media consumption.
- Possess a working proficiency with JDE system for purchasing, production and maintenance procedures as well as other relevant ICT packages.
- Champion for safety programs and continuous improvement programs/ LEAN systems.
- Champion for improved quality / reductions in standard deviation of our products
- Monitor the production process on a regular basis to ensure that production standards are maintained and takes corrective action as necessary when deficiencies are noted in rate or reliability.
- Understand all operational and maintenance issues in the department and able to accurately report information directly and via formalized reporting procedures.
- Conduct annual Performance Evaluations with direct reports and ensures all employees under the reporting structure have their performance reviewed at least annually.
- Support, motivate, and coach workforce to maintain a productive work environment.
EAPCC desires to discuss this position with interested but qualified candidates who satisfy the following minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Finance related field
- High level of analytical, detailed, sceptical and performance management skills.
- 6-8 years of cement plant experience with an emphasis ¡n operations and management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical and managerial experience in cement production or related manufacturing plants.
- Experience in cement plant preheater, pre-calciner will be an added advantage
- Computer skills including the use of e-mail, reporting and entering shift and production data, and Microsoft Office, working knowledge of JDE and other ICT packages
- Ability to physically inspect plant equipment which requires climbing steps and the ability to walk extended distances over unpaved terrain in all weather conditions
- Ability to navigate effectively in situations with stakeholders of varying and conflicting interests
- Excellent negotiation skills, good attitude, persistence and willingness to learn;
- Experience in ERP environment JDE or equivalent) and excellent ability in use of Microsoft office applications
- Experience in the Building materials sector (especially Cement/Aggregates/Concrete)
- Unquestionable character and integrity.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competencies match the above specifications, please send your application with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), testimonials, current remuneration package and full contact details of 3 professional referees none of whom should be a relative.
Applications should be sent to the address below quoting the position reference.
Head of Human Resources East African Portland Cement Company P.O. Box 20-00204 Athi River
Or email to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Qualified ladies & persons with disabilities and minority interests groups are encouraged to apply
Canvassing or lobbying of any sort shall lead to automatic disqualifications