Program Administrator at IntraHealth International
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IntraHealth International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Program Administrator is responsible for providing program management to various field support buy-ins. S/he supports project, administration, finances, logistics, work planning, reporting and publications. The PO provides technical assistance during the design of new programs as well as developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets. S/he will maintain database of available ASAP consortium staff, consultants to provide STTA to support field support. S/he will ensure a strong link between IntraHealth foundation systems and services (e.g. finance, contracts, and human resources) and the projects, including financial and subcontract/subgrant management. In addition,
- Provide administrative support in finance, strategic information, and program implementation.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for ASAP staff, consortium members and consultants.
- Assist in-country staff to develop annual budgets with budget narratives.
- Monitor, track, and analyze program expenditures and compare with budgets. Alert managers when there is over or under spending.
- Assist managers and in-country staff with monitoring work plans, including deliverables.
- Assist with writing, editing, and disseminating project related reports and documents, including country strategies, progress reports, quarterly review meetings and other documents and reports.
- Assist in preparing subcontracts, sub-agreements, purchase orders, and Memoranda of Understanding and in managing contracts and sub-agreements in consultation with ASAP Washington office and IntraHealth’s Grants and Contracts department
- Facilitate consultant approvals and paperwork, including identifying, interviewing and hiring consultants, managing consultant expense reports and invoices, and ensuring accuracy and adherence to contracts.
- Oversee all domestic and international project-related travel processes.
- Maintain the projects’ SharePoint sites and assist with project-related information management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience .
- Experience in finance, administration, and management, developing and tracking budgets, logistics and operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of international health and development and HIV/AIDS terms and programs is preferred.
- Comfortable working in teams as well as acting independently in the implementation of specific tasks, multitasking and prioritizing, working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time is required (typically trips are 2-3 weeks in duration)
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed