Program Manager Aquaculture at IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
As Program Manager you facilitate and drive impact in dynamic sustainable supply chain programs. You will work in our Aquaculture Program in a team with a Program Director, Program Officers and supporting staff for operational issues (finance, legal, communication). You will interact regularly with the global aquaculture team and share an office with colleagues working on other value chains. As Program Manager you develop and translate strategic plans and decisions into action and ensure that the programs run smoothly. IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You are both analytical and practical, curious, able to work independently and learn fast. Confidently working in an environment of diverse stakeholders, you flexibly get things done quickly and thoroughly and without losing sight of the bigger picture: impact.
The Aquaculture Program
More than 50% of all fish we consume is farmed. Aquaculture is an important source of high protein food worldwide. However, only 2% of all farmed fish is produced in Africa, of which two-thirds is produced in Egypt. Most fish consumed in Africa comes from increasingly depleted capture fisheries or is imported. Our aim is to create a sustainable aquaculture sector locally, that can provide nutrition and employment for local communities.
The Aquaculture Program is one of the key sector transformation programs within IDH that aims to increase responsible production of key species such as tilapia, shrimp and pangasius. Our interventions consist of convening public private partnerships and collaborating with top-notch aquaculture producers to create centres of excellence as to provide services to Small and Medium Enterprises to develop a sustainable aquaculture sector.
- Program management
- Co-responsibility for the development and implementation of the program in Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Ghana and potentially other African countries.
- The monitoring and further development of project portfolio that assures the program’s targets, including reporting, contract management and development of program pipeline deliverables. This will be done working closely with private stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Collaborate with team members and consultants on creating Service Delivery Models.
- Support the Innovative Finance team in creating financial models for aquaculture.
- Responsibility for supporting the program with research, administration and logistics.
- Support the organization of input from the program partners to enable Operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of program pipeline deliverables.
- Stakeholder management and networking (with a focus on Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and Ghana and possibly other African countries)
- Maintaining contacts with existing program stakeholders and identifying potential new stakeholders, especially with the aim to development of international investment tools for sustainable aquaculture and for the adoption of a jurisdictional approach that attracts investors in sustainable aquaculture
- Contribute to further development of the program and of the commodity stakeholder programs
- Support in the monitoring of stakeholder platform targets.
- Events and workshops
- Plan, organize and coordinate events and workshops as required.
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- 5-10 years (international) work experience
- Knowledge of (sustainable) aquaculture production.
- Experience with stakeholder management in an international environment
- Experience in project management & (financial) administration and project budgeting
- Experience with the private sector, preferably in supply chains and/or investment
- Experience in managing (sector and/or sustainability) coalitions is an advantage
- Experience in international development is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages (for instance Bahasa) are an advantage.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- Good strategic reflection capabilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally;
- Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded
- Highly flexible; able to take initiative and work independently
- Organized and ability to have a helicopter view of what need to be done at which time
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Dr. Flavio Corsin, Program Director Aquaculture, at [email protected]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative career website on idhtrade.inhroffice.com to apply