Welcome to Jobweb Kenya. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts
We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Purpose of Position
Responsible for managerial and technical support related to implementation of the program. S/he will be an active participant in the consortium reporting and participating in meetings and forums under the Ark 2030 Secretariat. S/he will strive to ensure communities and partners including private sector work together to enhance improved livelihoods, food security and resilience to climate change whilst restoring ecosystem services. This will be achieved by restoring the land and livelihoods of climate vulnerable small-scale farm households in Kajiado and Narok Counties which are part and contribute to Ark 2030 Program implementation sites in Kenya.
|Key outputs (accountabilities)
||End Results Expected
|Project Coordination and Management
- The jobholder will be the accountable person for the Program under World Vision Component and will work in close collaboration with the AP Managers, project staffs, Government line ministries in the Kajiado and Narok Counties and Cooperating partners of this consortium – ICRAF, CRS, TNC and Just Digit.
- Provide technical support and guidance in implementation of the project objectives
- Monitor and ensure that grant is managed and executed as per plans within time and budgets, meeting donor, World Vision and community accountability;
- Monitor Budget Utilization in line with planned Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) as per WVK Financial Standards and donor requirements
- Manage and coordinate the Ark 2030 team ensuring competent and motivated staff as well as manage performance of staff and encourage on-the-job coaching, identify and address learning and training needs and opportunities
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic coordinating role in the Ark 2030 project implementation;
- Ensure that all Ark 2030 initiatives within the project’s area of influence meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented timely;
- Engage with partners including GoK line Ministries (at the sub-County, County and national level), CSO, Learning Research institutions, Private sector and any relevant authorities;
- Implement interventions in accordance with established norms, policies aligned to acceptable financial & operational audit results.
- Project implementation in compliance with Donor/Ark 2030 agreements, WVK Policies and Procedures in line with our promise 2030 mindset and behavior changes
- Ensure inclusion of cross cutting themes including gender, youth, conflict sensitivity, disability and social inclusion
|Quality and timely implementation
Donor and WVK alignment to designs, budgets and implementation standards
Strengthened and effective partnerships and coordination within the team and with consortium members & partners
Good working relationship with the line ministries at the county level
Innovative ideas are embraced in new subsequent designs/concepts development
Enhance motivation and team work within the staff
|Quality Assurance, Monitoring, Reporting & Documentation
- Work closely with Ark 2030 Secretariat MEAL to effectively support the project to carry out all measurements and assessments – baselines, assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations – in accordance with donor requirements and WV established standards, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate with the Ark 2030 Secretariat MEAL to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner;
- Ensure the project achieves Child Well-Being Outcomes in line with the organization’s Ministry Framework and Development Approach, and WVK’s strategic priorities and the project designs.
- Ensure accurate and quality Project Design Documents (PDD) is on file;
- Contextualize and utilize planning guidelines for the IMARA Project;
- Ensure accurate and quality Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the project in place and utilized.
- Develop monthly schedule for monitoring together with communities and partners;
- Ensure community capacity building plan on monitoring is in place and utilized;
- Participate in monthly data collection -(involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Utilize DME WVK & Ark 2030 recommended software – for accurate data entry and analysis;
- Monitor monthly project expenditure
- With support from M&E officers, apply Contextualized and utilized reporting guidelines
- Review and submit quality Monthly Management Reports (MMR) informed by accurate analyzed data written using language that is appropriate to the reader and in line with donor and World Vision reporting guidelines;
- Generate Quality & Accurate quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports informed by MMR and in line with donor regulations;
- In consultations with Communications officer, Develop context specific electronic and live media communications on project activities
- In consultation with MEAL Assistant Direct ensure effective reflection and learning forums in the counties.
|Timely quality reporting and documentation of projects lessons learnt
Acceptable audit ratings
A robust Program MEAL framework in place
|Partnership, networking and resource acquisition
- Provide a linkage and coordination as per need between Ark 2030 projects with Consortium together with support from L&R National office staff.
- Represent WVK in county, national and other Regional forums as approved by supervisor
- Coordinate and Manage Relationships with credible partners and consortium members/institutions and private sector to support key project components including Evergreening Value chains/systems strengthening, Biomass Energy, Gender mainstreaming among others in the project under the agreed framework.
- Participate in Kajiado and Narok County Environmental Stakeholders forums/technical working groups as well as supporting WVK the project staff and cluster managers on engagement in relation to Livelihoods and Resilience driven Natural Resource Management as well as articulating Environment and Climate change objectives in the forum.
- Coordinate advocacy and policy influence initiatives of the project at county and national level
- Staff capacity building around policy and advocacy
- Increase the visibility of WVK and the donor by maintaining active engagement and advocacy on NRM related matters
- Participate in development of innovative NRM, Climate Change Adaptation and other Resilience Building concepts and proposals for building community resilience for fundraising as well as marketing Integrated NRM to various Learning forums.
- Collaborate with line ministries and departments in providing technical support and assistance to the project
- Support implementing staff to successfully engage with key internal and external stakeholders, including other Ark 2030 entities, private sector, community, Religious leaders and other civil society representatives in order to maximize the impact of interventions;
- Support timely development of funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with grants acquisition department as per need;
- Build and Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with partners at the counties, including visits by donors.
|Increased program resources
Strengthened partnerships scaling up Evergreening
Program stakeholder goodwill enhanced
Accountable program implemented
Enhanced gender and social inclusion
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Agri-business, Agro-forestry, Range land Management, , Environmental studies, Climate Change or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 Years of work experience in Managing multi agency livelihood and Resilience grants in Pastoral and or Agro-pastoral regions;
- Knowledge in renewable energies and alternative technologies are of advantage;
- Good understanding of Sustainable NRM models e.g. FMNR and other Evergreen Agriculture, Tree based value chains, Market systems strengthening’s, Disaster Management, Peace Programming and Governance.
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated person who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- S/he must also have ample experience in public relations and be a strong team player
- Must have skills and ability to provide training and mentorships;
- S/he must be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
- Practical experience working with local communities, government, private sector, institutions and traditional authorities in pastoral and agro-pastoral ASAL regions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills;
- Proven leadership qualities, problem-solving and negotiation skills, and evidence of successful team player
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28 May, 2020