Programme Integrator at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change supports political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.
Focus of the Role
The Programme Integrators are a critical functional role in within TBI’s Tech for Development (T4D) initiative, which has been enabled by a dynamic external partner, across existing and new operations in our Government Advisory and Tech & Public Policy divisions. This landmark initiative aims to transform and accelerate lower and middle income nations’ growth through the application of sustainable scalable technology and digital innovations.
To deliver on this ambitious programme, a globally-deployed central team will work closely with TBI Government Advisory country teams and country-based Tech for Development leads (Heads of Tech) to identify, design, partner, implement, and scale new technology-enabled transformation initiatives, while meeting the strategic ambitions of the global programme, our Executive Chairman, and our donor. T4D initiatives will be aligned to Centre of Government priorities across the programme’s current technical sectors of focus: HealthTech, AgTech, E-Government, and Digital Identity.
Reporting to the Deputy Global Director, but with a close working relationship with the Global Director, Tech for Development, the team of Programme Integrators ensure that we are pulling the best from across TBI and our ecosystem to deliver in country. They function as the glue for T4D across the organization, beating the drum (providing cadence), supporting teams to execute the strategic plan, and holding the Leadership Team accountable for meeting the needs of the teams on the ground. They play a critical function to supporting the development of a cohesive global portfolio while meeting Government and country and regional specific needs.
The postholder will ensure those driving scoping, design, and implementation at country-level are well connected to the expert resources across the organisation to support their work including technical expert and policy teams. You will work closely with Country Teams (including Country Heads, Heads of Tech, and Tech for Development sector experts) and our Heads of Sector bringing your skills and can-do attitude to directly support team efforts, contributing to key documents guiding initiative progress according to frameworks and programme playbook. You will guide and support teams and track progress from new Tech for Development project scoping and design through to projectisation start-up. Although, country teams will stand-up implementation and delivery teams, the incumbent will provide surge support as needed bringing familiarty of the Tech for Development programme, objectives and key results, and regional knowledge.
This role requires an exceptional candidate who brings breadth of experience in government transformation, advisory, and an understanding of progressive policy. The ideal candidate brings strong people and communication skills, and a stop at nothing attitude to support the growth and ambition of this programme. You’re a calculated risk taker, a true team player, a practical optimist, and believe in the power of technology to transform the world for equitable good.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Support Country Heads, Heads of Tech and their teams in the completion of initiative design analyses from initial scoping through to start-up including supporting development of agile workplans as needed.
- Advise, guide on Tech for Development objectives, programme norms, and emerging best practices
- Support country teams scoping and opportunity identification including mapping analyses, competitive assessments, and research.
- Work across relevant sectors in the Tech for Development portfolio including Health-Tech, Ag-Tech, Climate/Green-Tech, Digital ID, and E-Government
- Work closely with Tech for Development Sector Heads (e.g. Head of HealthTech) to support technical input into critical initiative stages and to research and develop new insights which directly meet the evolving needs of initiative teams.
- In new countries for TBI, play a hands on role in facilitating opportunity scoping and relationship building to enable the expansion of the Tech for Development programme across all sectors including developing presentations for new country clients and senior government officials
- Contribute to capturing/sharing/incorporating lessons learned across countries in the regional and global Tech for Development portfolio to improve the quality of our work, and support the evolution of tools, templates, and guides
- Support the engagement of external consultants working with Country Heads and their teams, or Central team for new presence countries, to manage TORs and deliverables
- Anticipate, identify, support solutions, and elevate challenges/roadblocks to relevant internal stakeholders and leadership, proposing courses of action for consideration
- Provide direct inputs into Tech for Development central dashboards (Monday.com) to ensure timely management of the overall portfolio
- Advise leadership on the challenges experienced by team on the ground and hold leadership accountable to meeting the programmatic needs for delivery
- As needed, be willing to travel to all locations of TBI’s current and future work to provide surge support and programmatic growth
The successful candidate should demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Experience as an advisor or project manager in a consulting firm, foundation/NGO, or private sector organization supervising and executing across multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Experience with international development, public sector advisory, and technology for development programming
- Demonstratable strength in project management, structured problem solving, top-down communication, and portfolio thinking
- Excellent communication skills, from executive office and ministerial levels through to technical level, and who is adept at speaking to senior leadership, knows how to navigate ambiguous environments and is comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- Experience developing executive and senior level briefings for internal and external audiences
- Experience in maintaining dashboards to facilitate nimble performance tracking and coordination
- Direct experience working in LMICs is highly desired and strong cross cultural communication skills required
- Experience in working in entrepreneurial and matrixed environments and who is comfortable working in ambiguity while closely collaborating with global functional and geographic teams
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met
- Relevant language skills for TBIs regions of work highly desired (French, Portuguese, Balkan languages, etc)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 December. 2021