Programme Support Intern, Administrative Intern at Forum Syd
- Company: Forum Syd
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya - NGO Jobs in Kenya
Forum Syd is a politically and religiously unaffiliated development aid organization with around 160 member organizations from Swedish civil society. Together we work with human and civil rights, and facilitate popular participation around the globe.
1. Programme Support Intern
Forum Syd is looking for a hands-on Programme Support Intern to be a key member of the Programme team. The candidate in this role will gain a wide range of knowledge and experience during the 3 months at Forum Syd Hub ESA in Nairobi, Kenya. This internship position will provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and high-performing part of Forum Syd.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
- A first degree in social sciences, development studies and/or community Development or related from a recognized university
- Appreciation of democracy, human rights, gender equality and innovative ways of working that contribute to societal changes.
- Good analytical, writing, listening and communication
- Ability to develop quick productive working relationships with programme team.
The Programme Support intern will provide a range of programmatic and administrative support to the Programme Manager, Grant Officers, Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Capacity Development Officer and Field Officers. Specific duties of the intern will be assigned by the Programme Manager as established by the programme unit key tasks.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Programme and grant management support
- Support the program team on day to day programme implementation.
- Ensure that administrative tasks are conducted in accordance to Forum Syd policies and standard operating procedures.
- Support documentation and general coordination of programme unit initiatives.
- Support capacity development of initiatives of implementing partners.
- Ensure proper record and filing system for all program documents and/or other correspondences for documents for easy reference according to set guidelines.
- Participate in programme field visits as planned and/or assigned by programme Manager/team.
- Assist in monitoring programme implementation through providing quality data collection, verifying the accuracy of reported data and develop preliminary reports in collaboration with programme staff.
- Support programme related communication initiatives like capturing, preparation and dissemination of information and communication materials and documents on relevant platforms and channels.
- Support programme team in minute taking as well as documentation of action points and follow up issues.
- Provide logistical support on travels and hotel bookings, invitations, preparing workshop materials and any other assigned duties by administrative staff
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Programme Manager.
2. Administrative Intern
Forum Syd is looking for a bright hands-on Administrative Intern to be a key member of the Admin team, at Forum Syd Hub ESA in Nairobi, Kenya. The candidate in this role will gain a wide range of knowledge and experience during the 3 months they will be with us. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and high-performing part of Forum Syd.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Degree in a business related field.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Open minded individual
- Team player
- Positive attitude towards feedback.
- Ability to multi task and thrive in a high pressure environment
- Assist in manning the reception area, keeping it tidy and welcoming visitors in a warm and friendly manner
- Assist in issuance of office stationery and tracking of the same
- Managing vehicles and motorbike fuel
- Assist in booking of flights and taxis
- Assist in sending payment advices to suppliers
- Assist in office repairs and maintenance
- Assist in procurement of the Hub vendors
- Assist in maintaining a robust filling system in the department
- Assist in arranging logistics for staff and partners during meeting
- Any other Admin duties that may be assigned from time to by your immediate supervisor