Project Account Manager at ICIPE
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: ICIPE
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
ICIPE is a pan-African and non-profit Centre of Excellence for research and development and capacity
building in insect science and its applications. Its mission is to help alleviate poverty, ensure food
and nutritional security and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics by developing
and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving
the natural resource base through research and capacity building.
ICIPE is seeking to recruit a Project Accounting Manager in the Finance and Budgeting Unit. The position is tenable in Nairobi, Kenya. The position will be offered for an initial contract of 2 years, renewable, subject to continued project needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member. A competitive and generous compensation package that includes housing and transport allowances, education allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance cover, and an offshore retirement package (all payable in US Dollars), will be offered to the right candidate. Furthermore, the incumbent will receive paid annual vacation and return airfare for themselves and their dependents to their nominated home base each year. If the successful candidate is appointed from outside Kenya,
he or she will be offered support to relocate and settle in Nairobi. Qualified candidates from Africa (and especially females) are invited to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Living in Nairobi, Kenya
- Lead in the preparation of the Centre’s annual restricted budgets and individual project
budgets. Issue of budget instructions, development of templates, monitoring for completeness, consolidation and presentation.
- Understanding and assessing restricted and unrestricted incomes cycle and managing processes relating to tracking proposals, donor contracts, income recognition, spending within budget and contract terms, donor reporting & invoicing, tracking donor payables & receivables.
- Lead in full costing exercise, cost classifications & allocations, linkages of staff time as a cost driver of allocable costs and other full costing models.
- Implementing and continuous update of a sub grantee grants systems and imprest systems to ensure timely disbursement & accounting of sub grants and risk management of sub-grants and imprests. Review subgrantees and field station imprest returns and reports, the reconciliation of grants/imprest held and subsequent update of system records
- Taking a lead role in the implementation of and maintenance of the ERP system in relation to
matters relating to project accounting – user requirements, inputs and outputs and
- Management and support of processes that ensure the timely preparation of Support,
Professional, Students & Casuals contracts and timesheets.
- Provide overview of projects by periodic generation of reports relating to – income portfolio forecasts, cumulative burn rates; trends of expenditure and key financial indicators (dashboard).
- Management of reporting systems of performance against budget to the budget holders and
- Plan and facilitate timely external project audits and follow up and implementation of the
recommendations of the auditors.
- A degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA-K, ACCA, ACA).
- At least (7) years of progressive project management experience, of which 3 years should be at senior level in finance and accounting.
- Expertise in budget monitoring and quantitative data.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- High level of IT proficiency, preferably in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted up to 7th November 2019. Shortlisting is ongoing. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating their suitability against each of the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills. Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.orgor or via email: [email protected]
Reporting: This position reports to the Head of Finance.