Project Assistant Kenyan Job At Alternate Doors
Our Client is an engineering Company currently recruiting a A project assistant
The incumbent is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
Project Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the project construction budget, including the management of budget and contract status reports, project accounting, coordination of invoicing to the Client, payments to subcontractors and suppliers and maintenance of project construction profit. Accountable for insuring that all risk management controls, including project and subcontractor insurance and bonding requirements are implemented.
- Establish project construction objectives, execution plans, schedules, and procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Provide overall administration, technical management, and accountability for the planning, coordination and execution of all construction-related activities for successful delivery of Total Project Management.
- Manage the project team and schedule throughout the design and construction phases.
- Serve as the primary communication conduit for all construction-related aspects of a project to the Senior Project Manager, other team members, and the Client.
- Control the time, cost and quality of construction projects.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, estimators and surveyors before construction work start
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to
- Overseeing the running of several projects
- Troubleshoot site issues and provide/implement recommendation to rectify issues.
- Analyze internal procedures and best practices and provide feedback and suggestions for improvements.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job,participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
Requirements For Project Assistant Job
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or project management. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.