Project Implementation Manager at East African Social Ventures (EASV)
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: East African Social Ventures (EASV)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Project Implementation Manager, henceforth referred to as “PIM” in this document, is an important role at East African Social Ventures (EASV) that requires strong project management, public & governmental relations, staff and contractor management, networking, financial planning & analysis, and cross-team collaboration skills. The PIM will often be a first point of contact between EASV and business, government, and community leaders and is expected to be a self-motivated, professional, business savvy go-getter that knows how to forge important relationships quickly and is a master of multi-tasking. The PIM has direct responsibility for planning and maintaining timelines, project costs, and professional and public relationships across the EASV organization and reports directly to the CEO of the organization.
The PIM will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the CEO and management team on detailed project planning.
- Personally owning the development of and adherence to the entire project implementation timeline and budget across the EASV organization.
- Working with the Director of Farming Operations to develop a detailed project cost efficiency plan, and then ensuring all aspects of EASVs organization remain on budget.
- Developing and managing strategic relationships with high-level leaders within the business, academic, and government communities as needed to ensure project milestones are met.
- Directly overseeing large scale agribusiness construction efforts, ensuring construction of all buildings remains on budget and on time.
- Staying abreast of industry players, their strengths and weaknesses, and the opportunities that arise from keeping tabs on key competitors as well as any politial, legal, or industry changes.
- Being part of the long term strategic planning and implementation team, including working across departments to ensure all teams stay on schedule and EASV’s aggressive growth forecasts are met.
- Contributing to quarterly and annual investor reports.
As with all EASV managers, the PIM is expected to be a hands-on leader, leading teams by example and action. As a fast-paced start-up organization, the PIM’s responsibilities will shift and evolve as the organization grows. Initially this role will have no direct reports but that will rapidly change and the PIM will manage a large number of contractors directly.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and other major business email programs
- Experience using Microsoft Project and other project management software
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Advanced abilities to create high-quality charts, graphs, and data tables in Excel required. Ability to create visually impactful and content-laden PowerPoint reports.
- Financial planning, forecasting, and analysis.
- Knowledge of vendor solicitation, vetting, and management practices.
- Exceptionally strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strategic thinker able to work in collaboration with many departments simultaneously.
- Ability to focus on an extreme level of detail with near perfect accuracy.
- Strong team player, ‘can and will do’ attitude.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Project Management, Social Entrepreneurship, Agricultural Economics, or related field.
- 7+ years of total work experience including:
- 4+ years of experience working for a large-scale agribusiness or social impact organization.
- 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced project management role, including at least 2 years of construction related project management experience.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing 3 or more team members.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Dholuo.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience working with social enterprise organizations.
This role will involve an extensive interviewing and testing process and we’re now beginning the search for an exceptional candidate that will start in early 2020. EASV is a start up organization launching major operations in 2020 and we’re looking for an ambitious professional who can scale quickly in responsibilities as our organization grows. This role will be located in Kisumu County.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to East African Social Ventures (EASV) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply