Project Manager at World Bank
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: World Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
The World Bank Group Vision and Strategy
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. The WBG is not a bank in the ordinary sense, but a unique partnership formed by 189 member countries and focused on achieving the twin goals of ending extreme poverty and building shared prosperity.
Established in 1944, the WBG is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and employs more than 14,000 employees in more than 120 offices worldwide. The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Global Corporate Solutions and Corporate Real Estate
Reporting to the Managing Director and World Bank Group Chief Administration Officer, Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) brings together the functions of Corporate Security, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Services (such as food services, printing, travel, conferences, and translation and interpretation).
Corporate Real Estate (GCSCR) supports IBRD, IDA, and MIGA, in developing and operating their real estate needs worldwide. GCSCR’s primary purpose is to create and develop strategic, cost effective, functional, efficient and safe real estate solutions. To achieve its purpose, GCSCR is structured into two main divisions: (i) HQ Real Estate Development and Management (GCSHQ), which covers facilities based in Washington, DC, and (ii) International Real Estate (GCSIR), responsible for facilities located overseas. GCSIR, in its turn, comprises two sub-units: (i) International Real Estate Development (GCSID) and, (ii) International Facilities Management (GCSIF). The Facilities Manager position falls in GCSIF.
The Project Manager (International Real Estate Development) position is located within the International Real Estate Development (GCSID) unit, and is responsible for managing the preparation, design and implementation of facilities projects related to the construction and alteration of the Bank’s facilities abroad.
The incumbent reports to the Manager, International Real Estate (GCSIR) and handles major components of facilities projects, comprising acquisition, design, and construction of Bank’s offices around the world. He/she works closely with the Senior Project Managers in the unit, with managers at all levels at Headquarters and Country Offices, internal service providers, attorneys, real estate brokers, landlords, furniture and equipment manufacturers, architectural, engineering and project management firms, and construction contractors.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Delivers the work program under Manager direction and, as required, with the advice from senior project managers.
- Identifies, inspects and evaluates alternative sites and buildings, and determine their suitability for the Bank’s requirements and needs.
- Develops the project program with the client, including estimates for space, cost, and timeline, as well as requirements for resources within/outside the Bank.
- Leads a multidisciplinary team of project stakeholders including, among others, clients, internal business partners (such as Legal, Security, IT, Procurement, Sustainability, and Health and Safety), architectural and engineering design firms, general contractors, and authorities.
- Liaise with other WBG institutions, as well with other institutions, in projects where the Bank is co-locating office space.
- Prepares cost-benefit analysis to evaluate lease versus buy versus build alternatives.
- Directs and manages interaction with internal and external counsel as well landlords and property owners.
- Conducts review of terms and conditions of lease proposals and assists in formulating strategy for lease transactions.
- Sets the project schedule and manages the planning, design and construction process, coordinating inputs from Bank units and outside firms on all aspects of the project from inception through final completion.
- Supports the selection of design consultants, contractors and specialty consultants for projects, and coordinates and directs all implementation activities and resources. Analyzes needs, identifies potential issues, and develops optimal solutions considering user requirements, technical constraints, resource availability, Bank policies and standards.
- Manages the preparation of construction plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Develops and monitors the project budget and schedule and takes appropriate corrective action when needed to adhere to the pre-established budget and schedule.
- Assures the final completion and timely occupancy of projects in a cost-effective manner.
- Approves invoices submitted by vendors/contacts and prepares the required documentation for payments.
- Oversees and monitors post-occupancy activities.
- A relevant degree, preferably MA/MS or M. Eng. (Architectural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) and 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination totaling 5 years of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of building design and construction.
- Project Management – Understands and utilizes the concepts of project management, as they relate to the implementation of a project
- Negotiation Skills – Has good working experience of planning and preparation of negotiation, of setting clear objectives and tactics to achieve them.
- Architectural and Engineering Skills – Understands architectural design concepts, construction, mechanical or design engineering, sustainability principles, building systems and equipment as applied to large comprehensive construction and renovation projects.
- Interior Design – Has basic knowledge of institutional interior design theory and practices.
- Client Orientation – Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.