Welcome to Jobweb Kenya. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts
We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Purpose of Position
The Project Officer Grant support will, under the direction of the Program Director, provide operational and administrative assistance to the Secretariat, Project Staff and Consortium Members. The position holder will provide necessary, programming administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Secretariat, and assists with information management.
||End Results Expected
||Support Implementation & Monitoring of ARK2030 Program
- Under the guidance of the Program Director, manage day-to-day and provide support to Ark 2030 Project Secretariat.
- Support effective and timely management of donor/consortium needs, queries and requests.
- Contribute to the processes of creating linkages with other partners
- Support MEAL Coordinator to coordinate and monitor project processes with Consortium Partners;
- Support project staff with People and Culture related processes e.g. contract renewals, performance agreements, appraisals among others.
- Prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports in collaboration with various groups.
- In collaboration with MEAL officer, promote organizational learning culture particularly through creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the groups and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Support organization and documentation of consortium learning and sharing forums in consultation with MEAL officer and communications officer in dissemination of knowledge/best practice, challenges, and knowledge gaps.
- Secretariat effectively supported
- Organized and coordinated Secretariat team
- Timely correspondences
- Timely submission of staff appraisals, contact renewals
- Maintains confidential records for the Project Director;
- Manage office correspondence and documentation & Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations;
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required;
- Maintains a tracking system of responses to sub grantees;
- Maintains and updates team’s databases and mailing lists using and Maintains team members’ contacts using;
- Contributes to electronic filing of team documents;
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices;
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings as required;
- Assists in the coordination of the Secretariat process by tracking Program completion for the programs, scheduling interviews as necessary and e-filing the final document;
- Liaises with Regional Office staff as required, and provides assistance to National Office staff when visiting Secretariat;
- Assists in HR related matters within the team, the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Works with other Partner Organizations to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed; and
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from team members.
- Effective secretariat administration
- Effective filling system – hard and soft copy
- Sub Grantee Track system of correspondences
- Quality Secretariat minutes
- Liaises with members and partners to coordinate logistical arrangements for workshops;
- Liaises with Project team and other agencies regarding venue, travel, hotels, and with Catering Services staff for provision, room organization and logistics;
- Liaises with and assists project recipients and consultants as required to ensure smooth functioning of activities;
- Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents and coordinates appropriate mailings or distribution;
- Prepares training kits or information packages and sends material to participants in a timely manner; and
- Coordinates registration process and acts as contact person for the participants.
- Logistical organization
- Events organization
- Responsible for planning and consolidation of trip plans and reports; Maintains and regularly updates travel plans
- Provides updated reports to the team and Director;
- Communicates with travel agency to obtain Support and supports visas requesting and prepares supporting travel documents
- Effective travels management
- As assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree National Resource Management (NRM), Environmental studies, Agriculture, or related field from a recognized university.
- Must have at least 3 years’ relevant experience working with 2 years’ in project management of projects in Livelihoods and Resilience will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Computer especially in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis programs such as PP, Excel & Word.
- Possess excellent communication, facilitation, networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to maintain donor and partner relations through timely and appropriate communications.
- Proven track record in engaging with government ministries and other stakeholders.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28 May, 2020