Project Officer (SCALE Project) at John Snow
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to secur[email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: John Snow
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The inSupply Health team which is affiliated to John Snow Inc. is seeking Project Officers for the SCALE project to be based in implementation counties of Mandera, Samburu, Turkana and Wajir, respectively. SCALE is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and focuses on improving the supply chain and demand for family planning products in these four northern counties of Kenya, in partnership with Save the Children and Amref Health Africa. Despite impressive gains in modern contraceptive prevalence rates (mCPR) nationally, several counties in Kenya continue to have very low mCPR. This is especially true in counties in the arid/semi-arid lands (ASAL) of Kenya, which host marginalized populations that are remote, hard to reach, and sometimes migratory. The low mCPR in these areas is consistent with low access to health services generally, which is driven by a variety of factors including infrastructural challenges, poverty, social, and cultural factors; dynamic population movements; and geographic barriers. Additionally, the supply chain for contraceptives and other commodities to this last mile in the ASAL region is not reliable and is often a pain point for partners working to increase update of FP and service utilization.
The SCALE project is focused on developing and testing supply chain solutions for this unique population in close partnership with Amref Health Africa in Samburu and Turkana, with Save the Children in Wajir and Mandera, and includes HealthRight as a learning partner to generate evidence through developmental evaluation. The approach includes a mobile-based solution cStock that enables CHVs to communicate and be resupplied while migrating, IMPACT teams that review data on user-friendly dashboards and finding local solutions.
The Project Officer will be on the frontline of implementation ensuring the project is able to execute as per project objectives and on time while maintaining strong, collaborative and effective partnerships with county staff and our partners. The Project Officer will be guided day-to-day by the Public Health Supply Chain Analyst and report to the SCALE Activity Manager and will be an essential team member involved in executing and supporting all aspects of the project at the county level.
The inSupply Health team is searching for a Project Officer for the SCALE Project based in one of the four counties above. The candidate will be on the frontline of implementation ensuring SCALE county/sub-county activities are executed as per project objectives and on time while maintaining strong, collaborative and effective partnerships with inSupply Health staff, county staff, and partners. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the County Supply Chain Public Health Analyst and Supply Chain Advisor who serves as the SCALE Activity Manager.
Our ideal candidate will be a hardworking, flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, and team-oriented. S/he has a passion and desire to learn and build deeper skills in supply chain management, implementation and has an affinity for data and analytics, and places users at the center of designed solutions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Public Health Supply Chain Analyst to develop and implement the project work plan for the county, collaborating with partners and key county stakeholders.
- Organize and provide logistic support for the onsite roll out (including training and follow up after training) of the project interventions in the implementation county
- Co-facilitate training and meetings as required to support the implementation of the project interventions
- Provide implementation support and supportive supervision, in collaboration with county supervisors and partners, to CHVs, health centers and sub-county staff involved with project interventions through regular field visits as well as through innovative communication methods
- Collect monitoring data during support visits to support the developmental evaluation and overall project management. Analyze logistics and monitoring data as required and generate visualizations and recommendations for actions based on the analysis.
- As required generate reports for internal use and for sharing with external partners
- In coordination with the Public Health Supply Chain Analyst attend relevant county-level or sub-county technical meetings and take comprehensive notes on the meetings to share with other inSupply staff
- Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with project team members on the progress of project activities
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the project team.
- Support documentation of processes, success, and sharing of lessons learned within the project.
- Provide administrative support to the technical teams for workshops, training, and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree/ Diploma in a related field
- Knowledge and experience working with community health programs, family planning or supply chain desirable.
- Has 2 or more years of working experience in Mandera, Turkana, Samburu and Wajir counties
- Experience in working with mobile health (mHealth) tools is an added advantage
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation and visualization of data is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team and to be self-managing
- Must be resident of one/ currently based in the following counties: Mandera, Turkana, Samburu and Wajir counties, and have demonstrated county working experience
- Experience working in resource- constrained environments
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, specifically MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 40-50% time, in county and Kenya
How to Apply
This is a full-time position in either Samburu, Wajir, Turkana or Mandera counties, Kenya. Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and their CVs (including three references and current remuneration for this position) to [email protected], clearly stating the position you are applying for, on or before Nov 1, 2019, at 5:00 PM (Kenyan Time).
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.