REACH Field Officer at REACH Initiative
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: REACH Initiative
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Context / Country
REACH, has been working in Kenya and regionally supporting inter-agency information management and assessment capacity since 2012. In 2012-2016 REACH supported the development of an early warning monitoring system through training of monitors and support to county analysts for the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA). In 2017, REACH has supported the collection of information in Dadaab refugee camp and in border areas through technical support and assessment coordination services to NRC and its partner the Refugee Consortium of Kenya (RCK). REACH has continued to provide information management support to various humanitarian agencies and Government institutions in Kenya, and currently have strong presence and participation in Key working groups and forums including the Kenya Cash working group, Long and Short Rains assessments working group, Regional durable solutions secretariat and many others.
The REACH Field Officer shall be responsible for:
- Assessment Preparation and Training;
- Undertake travel and conduct preliminary planning missions in assessment sites
- In coordination with the REACH senior assessment officer and operations staff prepare all details related to data collection (field schedule, daily collection quote, logistics and administration) according to specified methodology
- Coordinate and plan assessment team training, and facilitate sessions of the assessment training.
- Data Collection in the Field
- Follow all guidance from REACH senior assessment staff while in the field; ask questions when necessary
- Collect data independently in line with specified tools and methodology.
- Accompany and actively manage data collectors in the field and ensure accurate data collection as specified in the methodology.
- Communicate any delay in data collection to relevant senior staff
- Participate in debriefings with senior staff as needed.
- Assure the quality of the data collected based on REACH quality standards. Spot-check for accuracy during data collection.
- Ensure care of all REACH inventory including daily check of assessment mobile phones
- Data Validation and Data Cleaning
- Download all data from the mobile phones at the end of each data collection day
- Spot-check for accuracy at the end of each day; question team leaders about any inaccuracies observed and review in daily team debriefs.
- Perform data cleaning at the end of each assessment day
- Safety and Security
- Follow ACTED safety and security protocols and norms inside the country.Follow ACTED code of conduct in country.
- Communicate any security incidents immediately to the relevant senior staff.
- Ensure that data collected is removed from paper or smartphone platforms as soon as the data has been transferred to the REACH senior staff
- Ensure the privacy and security of the information collected in the field
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in humanitarian or development organizations
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced field environment for extended periods of the time required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (social science, development) required
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
- Experience managing casual laborers
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Prior experience working in refugee settlements an asset.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and local language required
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply
Qualified applicants with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 28 August 2019 with the subject line “REACH FIELD OFFICER_SAMBURU” or "REACH FIELD OFFICER_NAIROBI" depending on which duty station you are applying for.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that shortlisting will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the deadline. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.