Regional Director, People & Culture at Mastercard Foundation
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced HR Business Partner ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Mastercard Foundation is looking for a senior HR professional to serve as a strategic business partner, working directly with leaders and staff across the Continent. The focus is to provide hands-on operational HR support to regional and country teams while assessing the need for resources and HR capacity building going forward. To achieve your mandate, you will lead a team of HR professionals located in Toronto, Canada and in Africa, ensuring coherent and leading-edge practices, participating in the development of P&C and business-related initiatives and implementing them at a country and local level.
The successful candidate will be a strong HR Generalist with the demonstrated ability to build up an HR function, establish and nurture effective relationships and to oversee the full range of HR activities including talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations and change management. We are looking for an individual who is results-oriented, agile, creative and a team player to work in an environment characterized by expansion and growth.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
YOU WILL REPORT TO
The Director, People & Culture (Toronto, Canada), partnering closely with senior management across the Continent and in Canada.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Establish a Human Resources function in Africa in close collaboration with the People & Culture Team
- Serve as an HR Business Partner working with executives and senior leaders to advance the goals of the organization from a People and Culture perspective
- Support a performance-driven culture with a focus on our human capital – talent management, coaching and mentoring, business partnering to enable and motivate teams
- Recommend, design and implement new approaches and initiatives to support Foundation objectives
- Ensure the continued development of great HR practices in line with business goals
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to help recruit, develop, retain and engage high potential and high performing team members
- Develop great relationships with our employees at all levels to support a high level of employee engagement
- Leverage your networks and experience to bring new ideas and best practice to the fore as we design the future
WHO YOU ARE
- Post Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field and/or a combination of relevant experience and education
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience serving in strategically focused roles. Senior level experience as a Human Resources Business Partner is a must. Global experience is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading and managing a team with the proven ability to motivate and energize others
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and best practices across Africa with a strong professional network. Good knowledge of immigration and relocation practices.
- Willingness to take initiative, “roll up one’s sleeves”, move with urgency, persistence and speed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment of high demand and change
- Able to navigate a complex organization in transition, bringing a flexible attitude and a growth mindset
- Able to bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions. Willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas and approaches
- Strong employee focus with superior collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Sound business acumen
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and strategic-thinking skills
- Strong judgement, consulting, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with all forms of technology
- Able to travel across Africa and internationally
- Fluent in French, both verbal and written, would be preferred
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- A values-driven organization with a compelling mission
- An opportunity to pursue your passion to have impact on the lives of others
- A chance to build a new People and Culture function on the Continent and make your mark as an HR professional
- Small collaborative teams where you can influence the direction of the organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Professional and personal learning opportunities supported by the Foundation.
Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.