Regional Programmes Coordinator at Kenya Red Cross Society
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The Regional Programme Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and providing leadership to the Global fund program in the specific region(s). S/He will spearhead the implementation of strategic capacity enhancement processes as well as reviewing the PR and the Sub recipients’ performance to ensure effective utilization of physical, financial and human resources
Scope of the Role:
- Coordination and strategic leadership in the region
- Program Management
- Capacity development
- Support development, implementation and review of the Sub recipient’s budgets and other contractual documents and ensure timely disbursements of funds to sub-recipients
- Ensure realization of verifiable and full reporting for all contract deliverables and the project realizes full contract compliance at SR Level
- Support RGO in ensuring proper management and accountability of funds in line with financial and budgetary policies and procedures of GF in the region and assigned Sub recipients
- Provide leadership in ensuring Programme Quality and alignment to National Policies, Guidelines and strategies in the Region
- Contribute to the development of internal program implementation guidelines to ensure quality program implementation and standardize implementation across all SRs
- Coordinate the design, development, implementation and evaluation of capacity building plans aimed at strengthening SRs and Networks with capacity to manage GF Grant
- Provide oversight role to RMEOs and RGOs in monthly review and verification of the Reports from the sub recipients, timely development of reports (quarterly, annual, ad-hoc, grant closure etc.) and timely submission of reports to HQ
- Support regional M&E functions to ensure continuous Performance Tracking and maintenance of adequate data quality in the region
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of programme activities to identify gaps, constraints and challenges that should be taken into account in order to develop and implement more innovative and integrated programming for each target population
- Support proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling-up in different community settings within the region
- Ensure compliance to the rules and regulations regarding logistics and procurement as stipulated in the Kenya Red Cross Society as well as Sub Recipients policy
- Supervise the Mobile Outreach staff to ensure quality and consistency of programme delivery
- Ensure proper asset management and asset maintenance at the region
- Maintain, Update and develop risk mitigation measures for the regional risk register
- Crosswalk budget and work plan to ensure timely implementation and prudent use of resources
- Manage work to time and budget to ensure that log frame milestones and annual expenditure are achieved, while ensuring value for money
Leadership and overall management of the Region:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to GF staff in the Region and assigned sub recipients in project management to ensure efficient and effective program delivery
- Supervise the GF Programme staff at the region to ensure quality and consistency of Programme delivery
- Maintain strong relationship with all key stakeholders in the region and provide the link between the GF program and the Region Management team.
- Foster relevant networks and strategic collaborations with other implementing partners, line ministries (E.g. MoH and MoF), stakeholders like NACC, NASCOP, NACADA, county government, opinion leaders, TWG, Heads of institutions among others
- Oversee and support the RMEO in the development of regional work plan
- Promote teamwork to ensure harmonization, linkages, collaboration and synergy and ensure that staff members are provided with sufficient information, guidance and support to perform and deliver results according to the organizational and professional standards of efficiency, accountability and integrity.
- Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Regional Grants Officer
- Project Officer
- Project Drivers
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Sound IT knowledge.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking and willingness to lead initiatives through implementation.
- Ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changing conditions in order to align programmes to the GF strategic plan
- Establishing Strategic Direction: Providing leadership and create conditions necessary for program delivery
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others in accountability to internal and external stakeholders in the program; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Communication: Ability to present information to GF staff and stakeholders; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in
- Writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listens and respond appropriately to others
- Understanding of the Organization’s Business: Understanding the mandate and score of the GF, Processes, procedures, Policies and guidelines to ensure efficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in Community Development, Public Health (MPH) ,Business Management or equivalent qualifications with certificate in project management
- Over five (5) years’ experience in Grants and Project Management.
- At least 3 Years of Previous work in HIV and/or Health grant programs