Registrar at Bomet University College
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Bomet University College
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
The Council of Bomet University College invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent credentials to provide strategic and visionary leadership to the institution in the positions of the Principal and Deputy Principals of the College. The successful applicants are expected to bring about transformational change in the University by taking the lead in spurring robust infrastructural development, ensuring financial stability and growth, expansion of innovation and relevant academic programmes, an enhanced student population, and result oriented staff management.
The Registrar, Administration, Planning & Development shall report to the Deputy Principal, Administration and Finance.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- An earned PhD in a relevant field, from a recognized University;
- Have served for at least fifteen (15) years of which 7 years Must be in a senior
management position in the University or related institution;
- A thorough knowledge of the Universities Act, Statutes and other regulations
governing academic, administrative and financial matters of the University College;
- Understanding of the formulation of policies, procedures and guidelines on the
planning and management of University services and academic programmes;
- Ability to work closely with the University Management Board and Deans on
administrative, planning and development matters affecting academics, research
and student affairs of the university;
- Demonstrated evidence of administrative and academic leadership in a recognize
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Membership registration to relevant professional bodies; and
- High ethical standards, integrity, accountability, professionalism, teamwork and
stewardship and comply with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya
The following core competencies and skills are required:
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multicultural
and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Firm, fair and transparent style of management;
- Ability to espouse and promote the national values and principles of governance;
- Be a visionary and results oriented leader;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ensure effective accountability to the Deputy Principal (Administration & Finance)
for proper management and implementation of activities in the Division;
- Facilitate formulation and implementation of policies and procedures to guide all
activities in the Division;
- Ensure conformity to professional and quality standards in all activities of the
- Facilitate the preparation of periodic reports for the Division;
- Facilitate planning, directing, controlling, organizing, coordinating the activities of
- Facilitate and undertake Strategic Planning and Performance Contracting on
activities of the University;
- Facilitate University Physical Master Plan;
- Prepare proposals for University Partnerships, Linkages and Collaborations;
- Supervise University Infrastructure Development;
- Supervise and monitor Capital projects of the University;
- Ensure that planning and building quality standards are adhered in Planning and Development functions.
- Facilitate the planning of the functions of the Division;
- Collate and analyze University information, data and records for effective planning;
- Advice the Deputy Principal (Administration & Finance) and the University Management Board on Planning and Development matters of the University College;
- Negotiating performances targets and signing of annual Performance Contact with the Deputy Principal (Administration & Finance).
- Facilitate preparation and implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Facilitate implementation activities of the Master plan of the University; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Deputy Principal (Administration and Finance) from time to time.
Tenure of Office
The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms following successful
probation period of six (6) Months.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house
allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service
How to Apply
Ten copies of the application should be submitted together with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service, email address and telephone contacts, copies of academic certificates and other documents. Applicants must submit copies of certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI), clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and clearance or relevant documents from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).The applicants should also request three (3) referees to submit their reference directly to the address here below within the stipulated period. Applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Registrar, Administration, Planning & Development”, and at least three referees’ confidential reports on the applicant’s suitability for the post should be sent to the undersigned: The Principal, Bomet University College Council, P.O Box 701- 20400 BOMET Email: [email protected]
The applications should reach the above address not later than Tuesday, 20th November, 2018 at 5.00 pm