Reputable Company Job Vacancy : Assistant HR Manager (Employee Relations & Compensation)
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Job Vacancy: Assistant Human Resources Manager – Employee Relations & Compensation
The Assistant HRM will be reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will work closely with the senior managers and the HR team to implement and drive the people strategy.
S/he will guide and support management through change, making sure the business plan is successfully delivered. S/he will be a positive ambassador for transformation within the organization.
Responsibilities include supporting management with employee engagement, organizational design, employee relations, performance and reward management, recruitment, training and development. This role requires strategic and operational expertise with the ability to communicate change and engage employees and managers alike.
- Assist managers developing and regularly review and update job profiles and description to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for each position.
- Ensure the human resources policies are adhered to
- Development of employee attraction and retention programs to ensure hospital has the right people
- Manage the staff recruitment selection process to ensure the hospital attracts and retains the right people with the right skills
- Support Capacity development programs that support talent development and retention
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment of employees with a positive resolution in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance and interpretation to managers, supervisors, and employees regarding labour laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices.
- Continuous review of Human resources policies to ensure they support best practice and compliance with labour laws
- This position will manage salary classification and compensation programs, overseeing the implementation of compensation and benefits strategies
- Handle employee issues with a focus on conflict resolution and confidentiality.
- Analyze employee relations trends, provide periodic detailed reports, and propose methods for improvement.
- Preparation of and monitoring of the HR budget.
- Administer and manage employee insurance, pension and gratuity plans.
- Preparation of relevant human resources management reports.
- Interpretation and compliance of legislation relating to compensation and benefits regulations.
- Manage salary administration and payroll management.
- Monitor and control staff costs
- Manage the collection, storage and update of staff records.
- Support Manage HRIMS closely with HRI data specialist to ensure staff utilize the system for HR processes.
- To ensure the Hospitals Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organization.
- To support managers to maintain good staff relations, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- Degree preferably in Social Sciences / HRM/ Business
- Membership with IHRM, KIM, IPS or similar professional body
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role in a Hospital
- Experience in progressive HR environment
- Knowledge of HRIMS and proficiency in MS Office packages
- Sound knowledge of the employee resourcing methods
- Excellent knowledge and ability to manage employee relations and industrial relations strategies
- A confident, clear and conscientious communicator – who can work effectively with key stakeholders and members of staff at all levels of seniority.
- Proposal and reporting writing skills
- Tact and diplomacy and an ability to manage and solve conflicts
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Ability to manage human resources effectively and respond to staff needs in a timely manner
- Ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to diverse HR problems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain employment laws of Kenya
Salary: Ksh. 120,000 – 150,000 gross
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th March 2018