Sanergy Facilities Project Manager Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Job Description: Facilities Project Manager
Reports to: Infrastructure Team Lead
Company Description: Sanergy is an award – winning social venture, based in Nairobi, Kenya, that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste every day and safely remove it from the community.
- Conduct research, design, test, and project manage the implementation of solutions to improve critical facilities. Projects will include ensuring effective equipment productivity, asset maintenance, CAPEX projects management and product design..
- Maintain the buildings and grounds of the organization,
- Directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections.
- Ensure that they adhere to the budget and maintain a good relationship with the external vendors.
Key Skill Requirements:
The Facilites Project Manager will need the following qualities:
- Excellent analytical skills – data collection, statistics, data modelling,
- Project design experience
- Project management experience – how to manage projects, break down problems, develop methodologies, frameworks and develop implementation plans,
- Human centred design skills – understanding and working with users, how to get to the why rather than the what and developing design innovations from this information;
- Resoundingly pragmatic and innovative
- Leadership skills
- The ability to conceive, design, test, evaluate potential solutions and implement recommendations;
- Communications and presentations skills.
- Attention to detail
- Project managed projects including – monitor adherence to designs, layouts, specifications and work breakdown structures for facilities upgrade and new equipment installation projects assigned by the Manager and manage any challenges in an effective manner.
- Support monitoring adherence to project schedules and budgets for upgrade and new equipment installation projects as per timelines and budgets issued by the Manager
- Assist in monitoring adherence to Occupational Safety & Health by all facilities team and all contractors on site.
- Monitor adherence of the Capital Equipment Maintenance procedure for specific projects assigned by the Manager
- Maintenance planning and documentation for all plant machinery
- Assist with the design of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and One Point Lessons (OPLs) for various machines and equipment e.g. concrete mixer, poker vibrator, grinders, jig saw
- Suggest areas of maintenance costs reduction for facilities and equipment at Sanergy
- Continuous evaluation of security systems at Sanergy and suggest areas deemed for improvement
- Conduct periodic work planning for staff under area of supervision. Assist in conducting continuous performance evaluation of the same as well as guiding staff on areas of improvement
- Ensure proper bookkeeping of all records by staff under supervision. Assist in developing timestamp systems to ensure timely recording and updating of all data
- Work with the Manager to champion continuous improvement through enforcement of Kaizen system of management within all facilities at Sanergy
- Assist the Facilities Manager in management of specific facilities projects, new equipment installation projects and equipment maintenance projects within the set time & cost and to the correct specification.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to monitor where there might be complaints from Sanergy staff due to the state of facilities and develop measures to forestall such occurrences
- Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders.