Secretary Petroleum at PSC
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: PSC
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
- served for a cumulative period of eighteen (18) years, an aggregate of at least three (3) years of which should have been in the grade of Senior Deputy Commissioner, Petroleum, Job Group ‘S’ and /or Deputy Commissioner, Petroleum Job Group ‘R’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Engineering Technology, Petroleum Geophysics, Petroleum Geochemistry, Petroleum GeoScience, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Engineering Petroleum Geophysics, Petroleum Geochemistry, Petroleum Geo-Science, or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in petroleum related course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- registration and valid membership in any of the following professional bodies:- Geological Society of Kenya (GSK); Geologists Registration Board (GRB); Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) or any other relevant professional body;
- demonstrated outstanding professional competence and managerial ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- a thorough understanding of the global, regional and national developmental goals, policies and programs and the ability to relate them to the ministry’s mandate.
Note: Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
An officer at this level will be responsible for overall coordination of the Petroleum function.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- overseeing development, implementation and reviewing of policies, strategies and programs in the oil and gas sector;
- advising the government on the commercial and economic value of oil and gas fields;
- advising the Government on decisions for non-compliance relating to international bodies on matters relating to oil and gas;
- initiating development and review of modalities and strategies for licensing of petroleum blocks;
- initiating development of systems for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects in the oil and gas sector, ensuring maintenance and management of petroleum data;
- ensuring compliance with environmental protection and management regulations in liaison with the relevant agencies;
- ensuring local content capacity building in line with national policy goals;
- overseeing execution of agreements with purchasers for the export of crude oil and natural gas; and
- ensuring security of supply of petroleum products in Kenya and regional markets.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 8th July 2019 (Latest 5.00PM)