Senior Development Officer at High Commission of Canada in Kenya
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: High Commission of Canada in Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Kenya
Closing date for applications: 09-09-2019 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
• Master’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
• Proficiency in English – (reading, writing, comprehension and speaking)
• Minimum 5 years of recent* experience involved in the design and implementation of international projects including management of financial aspects.
• Experience in the design, assessment and implementation of international development and/or humanitarian programs and projects in Somalia.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working for an international donor.
• Experience organizing and overseeing visits and events for high-level government officials.
*Recent is defined as within the last 10 years.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, references, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of Somalia’s development context and of the Federal Government of Somalia’s plans and strategies;
• Knowledge of Somalia’s humanitarian context, including major trends, stakeholders and implementing partners;
• Fluency with Windows operating environments, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft office software e.g. Word, Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to write reports and briefs, provide analysis and synthesize information in English;
• Effective written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to analyze and evaluate information and make recommendations;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to manage workflow, prioritize and meet deadlines;
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Master’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution majoring in a related field e.g. international development; project management and evaluation; public administration/management or any other related area.
• Somali language abilities
• Knowledge of Somali culture, customs, traditional practices and beliefs
• Working knowledge of French
• Occasional domestic and international travel – including travel to Somalia
• Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
• The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Reliability Status (RS), which includes criminal and credit background check, covering the entire employment period.
• Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to:
[email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High Commission of Canada in Kenya does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Kenya, which might arise in the 18 months following the completion of this recruitment process, with various tenures, including indeterminate or term.
• All qualifications are non-compensatory.
• The High Commission of Canada in Kenya is committed to conducting inclusive, barrier-free selection processes.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: [email protected]