Senior Hr Operations Advisor at African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: African Entrepreneur Collective Jobs in Kenya - Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
AEC Kenya supports entrepreneurs to grow their business to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities. Founded in 2018, as the Kenya affiliate of the African Entrepreneur Collective, AEC Kenya has now worked with more than 5,000 entrepreneurs, providing a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa. AEC Kenya is a 50+ person company with 5 offices across Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kakuma, Garissa, Dadaab). All of our services ensure that businesses in Kenya can thrive and contribute to the growth of Kenya’s economy. In the past few years, we’ve had high-profile partnerships with Kenya Chamber of Commerce and Industry, UNHCR, RAS, International Finance Corporation, Mastercard Foundation, and more. AEC Kenya disbursed $2M USD to businesses across Kenya to support COVID-19 economic recovery, all while taking our content digital. In 2022, we are launching a new strategic plan to reach beyond what we have previously thought possible.
Strategic Business Partnering (30% time)
- Works closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- In collaboration with the regional HR team, support as an HR Business Partner and/or mentor/train/coach people managers as assigned
- Provide technical expertise on human resources processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Staff onboarding, talent management and development), organizational policies and practices in order to facilitate the attraction and retention of competent staff that embrace a culture of continuous learning and performance within AEC
- Define change management processes to improve business performance
Recruitment (25% time)
- Contribute to the development of the recruitment policies and procedures
- Employer branding: Attraction and recruitment of talent and management of all the Kenya specific recruitment processes to meet company objectives
- Recruitment: Post open positions, generate applicants, and screen applicants.
- Internal stakeholder management: Conduct recruitment kick off meetings for each opening with the hiring managers to establish the needs, agree on recruitment expectations, process, and participation of various team members in the hiring process.
- Interviewing: Set up interviews with candidates and company reviewers, create job matrix, sharing materials before interviews, compile reviewer feedback, prepare and administer written exams for applicants.
- Hiring: Conduct background checks, provide relevant information for finalization of contracts
- Communications: Highly professional correspondence to successful and unsuccessful candidates
- On-boarding: Coordinate onboarding meetings of all new staff, communicate to various team members to ensure successful onboarding documents and tools are prepared on-time (NSSF/NHIF forms, email, first day’s meetings schedule, etc.)
- Update the HR colleagues with information to feed into the Org. wide recruitment tracker with status of all open positions.
Performance Management, People development & Talent Management (25%)
- Provides consultation to managers on talent development and performance management.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and performance reviews of employees by training managers to coach and give feedback to employees and resolving employee grievances
- Identify training needs, manage and conduct trainings on topics ranging from HR policies and procedures to professional and leadership skill development
- Follow up on the AEC Staff Performance Management processes with appropriate alignment with the Regional team in implementation and follow up on the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance management cycle is respected and appraisals carried out in a timely and appropriate manner
- Manage and track the talent processes, including tracking the identification and management of high performing talent and poor performers.
- Provide appropriate support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance-ensure that underperforming employees are identified and specific plans created with the full intention of returning them to acceptable performance
- In collaboration with the HR Director, guide and train people managers on their roles in the end-to-end performance management processes
- Support in following up the training & development programs are being conducted as planned
- Coordinate the implementation of the Induction Program
Enhance the HR service delivery/HR Operations and Administration (20% time)
- Coordinate all HR Administration and Operations activities that include but not limited to staff bio-data management, employee welfare/medical insurance, payroll drafting for submission to the regional team for processing, contract handling etc.)
- Keep updated with changes in the employment act and legislations and proactively propose changes to policy and procedures to improve the efficiency of the HR department
- Contribute to the design, review and implementation of HR policies, systems, guidelines to operate within the statutory requirements
- Sensitize all staff on the current HR policies and guidelines and review the systems/processes to identify and address gaps for effective service delivery
- Responsible for reporting on HR operations/demographics, develop and manage the HR reporting tools to measure the value added of HR operations to the organization
- Maintain and develop good relationships with similar organizations, with ongoing dialogues concerning policies and trends
- Effectively review and process HR operations requests and transactions, such as: personal data, pay data, and position data changes and employment contracts information
- Supervise and ensure that staff physical files and data records in the HR Management system (Odoo) are up-to-date and secure (e.g. leave management etc.)
- Coordinate and organize all HR events in collaboration with the Administration team
- Ensure employees have necessary tools and facilities to perform their jobs properly
- Manage the separation process; this includes paperwork and follow-up HR actions. Schedule Exit Interviews and gather Exit data.
- Work with the regional HR team to report and arbitrate employee relation issues
AEC has found that the happiest and most effective colleagues are proactive, resourceful, self-motivated go-getters with a can-do attitude, who support their teammates with sincerity. They are strategic, but also willing to roll up their sleeves. They give and receive feedback freely.
For this role, the successful candidate will have these qualities:
- Bachelor Degree in HRM, Management or any other related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 6 to 8 years of HR working experience with exposure to HR Business Partnering; Operational Excellence, reward, employee relations, organizational culture and change management.
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion is required of this position
- Ability to manage several activities simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communicator in English, both spoken and written with excellent presentation skills
- Good collaboration skills – approachable, warm, honest, transparent, and able to manage up with confidence and the ability to build relationships with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and HR Management Systems (e.g.: Odoo)
- Experience in working independently on projects
- Understanding of Kenyan employment act
- Must be a member of the Kenya Institute of Human Resource Management
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 May. 2022