Senior Logistics Manager Job, Kenya
We are currently recruiting in Kenya for our client , involved in oil and gas projects , company requires a Senior Logistics Manager.
Senior Logistics Manager Job Responsibilities
- Successfully co-ordinate all shipments for the contract from issue of Purchase Order as per IMCO terms
- Ensure Project deadlines and procedures are adhered to
- Assist to maintain good services levels and good revenue margins as per the contract rates and any write offs/errors are kept to a minimum
- Coordinate and control the order cycle and associated information systems
- Prepare, monitor and control operational budget
- Provide a positive learning environment in order to strengthen the team you are working with
- Work in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics
- Undertake proper logistics planning to optimize existing resources
Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the departmental and company procedure manual as well as statutory regulations
Qualifications For Senior Logistics Manager Job
- University degree in supply chain management, logistics or engineering
- Previous experience of 5 to 10 years in planning-distribution, logistics or demand planning.
- A Freight Forwarding or any such relevant course qualification
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Freight Forwarding environment
- Possess an appreciation of project management capability.
- Computer literacy particularly in Enterprise Resource Planning Modules, Microsoft office packages especially MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel & MS Access.
- N.B previous experience in a logistics industry exposure, highly advantageous