Senior Product Manager at d.light
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: d.light
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
d.light is a global social enterprise aiming to improve the lives of the two billion people in the developing world that live without access to reliable energy. We provide distributed, affordable solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy.
d.light innovations have led and shaped the market since 2007 when it introduced what was then the world’s most reliable, affordable solar light. With an expanding product range currently distributed in 15,000 retail outlets in over 60 countries to over 85 million customers, we are manifesting our vision for the future of energy.
A key development in these emerging energy markets is the rise of the pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) business model. This suite of technology solutions enables remote control of products, allowing customers to pay for expensive assets over time while simultaneously protecting the investments of the companies and investors in the space. If given the opportunity, customers in these developing markets have proven willing and able to pay small amounts over time to purchase large energy assets well beyond prices previously considered feasible. d.light considers PAYGO technology an important enabler of energy access across the world and continues to invest in strengthening this business offering within d.light.
Reporting to: Marketing Director – Africa
A member of the d.light Africa Marketing Team. The job holder will drive business growth by defining and refining an effective products and innovation lifecycle management and prioritization framework whilst ensuring institutionalization of its practices across the d.light Africa.
- The job holder will develop and institutionalize an effective products governance framework;
- The job holder will develop extensive category understanding for d.light products;
- The job holder will be the subject matter expert in innovation and innovation management and provide thought leadership;
- The job holder will ensure a product innovation strategy Formulation encompassing customer, revenue (income) growth and market share growth strategies;
- The job holder will lead overall Products Portfolio Management for d.light Africa;
- The job holder will oversee the development and management of the full portfolio funnel and roadmap, directing the prioritization process and ensuring timely delivery of quality and products and propositions for d.light Africa;
- The job holder will use customer insights and marketing intelligence development for impactful value propositions delivery;
- The job holder will oversee and guide pricing and business case development for all new products / propositions;
- The job holder will lead the Design and Development of right and relevant products in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Platform in a cross functional manner;
- The job holder will be the Custodian of the Innovation Process, Innovation Funnel for Africa VI, provide custody of proprietary Products Information & documentation including Product Specifications, Change Requests and Sign-offs
- The job holder will recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in New Product Development;
- The candidate should also demonstrate ability to adapt global best practices to local contexts;
- Experience in working with senior teams to develop & execute New Product Development strategy of a mid-size or large corporate in a matrix environment;
- Demonstrate analytical capability to utilize of data trends & analysis to guide business decision in all marketing initiatives (in both short & long term aspects);
- Commercial acumen to support in executing marketing plans to derive profitability and revenue generation;
- Experience leading team in a fast-paced environment (preferably Telco, FMCG or Service), partnering with senior managers and business leaders;
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy;
- Business driven and exceptional influencing skills; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, presentation and time-management skills;
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.